I've done wrong to the Brethren and the Brisket Gods

Hey, it looked like candy to me. Was the chili all your wife knew it would be.

The event is this coming Saturday. I had to make the brisket this weekend so I can have time to throw it all together on Saturday morning to let all the yumminess come together for that evening.

Glad I'm getting a pass from my fellow Brethren. I'm still teary eyed from having to take two delicious briskets and only using it for chili.:Cry: However, I did snack on some slices and one of my girls had a chopped sandwich so maybe the rest was considered leftovers as someone else pointed out.

I picked on up that was marked down at Krogers and cut it up for beef stew. I don't see the problem.

What you did is acceptable Texas tradition, and is to be applauded. Good for you!

Now, if you committed Texas Blasphemy, by adding beans to said chili, then a rope is in order!:twisted: Great looking briskie by the way.

Blessings, :pray:

Omar

I believe what you did was a fine thing and you are to be commended for it. Pleasing both the wife and a charity is just a great thing to do....besides...I don't really like brisket anyway.

Looks good to me. Make sure you follow up with chili photos...

Brisket chili! Why that's almost as bad as using crawfish for bait! :shock: Wait you said wife....owner of all the "stuff" you find sexy....able to make you completely miserable or send you to an awesome state of euphoria!
You handled that exactly how I would have! :mrgreen:

I have to say, that bowl of chopped/shredded brisket didn't look bad at all to me. You're going to make a lot of chili eaters very happy. :thumb:

The cookoff yesterday at the Rockwall Country Fair went great. The temp wasn't too bad and the new Dry-Tec shirts were worth every penny. It was cloudy all day with a breeze. Like my wife said this did turn out to be good advertisement for our "casual catering" business we are starting.
There were 5 categories to win (Blue Ribbon only since it was a fund raiser). Most Unique Ingredient, Best Tasting, Spiciest, Best Booth, and Team Spirit. The local Hilton won spiciest and the local Fire Department won Best Team Spirit. There ended up being a total of 7 teams.
Well we ended up winning the Blue Ribbon for Most Unique Ingredient, Best Tasting and Best Booth. Only bad part was we ran out of chili 30 minutes before the end of the contest. After everyone got their "taste", they got to get a bowl of their favorites. Most were full form just the tasting but we had a run of people wanting their bowls and ran out. Being this was the first year the Soroptimist did this, no one really knew how much to bring. I made 3/4 of a big pot (turkey fryer pot) which was two full pans and was probably about 1/2 pan short.
Anyways, the brisket Gods were okay with things at the end and I think I have down my Brisket Chili recipe

Decided to go with some bacon

Everything into the pool

Our booth set up. Went with a spool with a cow head and the Texas Shaped dinner bell handing off the Tent. Actually meant to bring my white pop-up but grabbed the wrong bag. I guess it worked better for this theme anyways.

Family with the Ribbons

Chuck is almost $4 lbs, brisket under $3.50 lbs. You made a good call in my book.

And yes I can tell that's smoked brisket in your chili.

Back