It's Friday...What's Cookin' This Weekend?

Steve - That sounds like some killer BaaahhbaahhQue! Please post some pics and recipes for the Poon Dogs. Love that name. I had a friend in college whose name could have been Poon Dog. :twisted::wink:

Porkapolooza started here last night. I'm finishing my first case of pork butts. Orders for pulled pork are still coming in. Hoping to sell two cases of butts.

Had a really small butt in one of the cryo's, so I jerked that one. Just pulled it off the pit and its resting in the Cambro. Going to have some jerked pork butt for lunch.

Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk.... good stuff. I try to pick up a few bottles of their stuff every time I see them....

Bill

wife left our freezer open yesterday and everything thawed out, big cook weekend for me, 1 packer brisket ,2 shoulders,a bunch of chicken and sausage, 2 racks of ribs a few lbs of c/s ribs and more. glad its the weekend!!!

BTDT. 3yo daughter left the freezer open.

Q'ing and grilling that much meat will make you a lot of friends in a hurry! :D

Going with smoked pork chili with left over butt, ribs and chicken wings for Sunday. Who knows about the rest of the weekend.

I made smoked beef chili for the first time on Wednesday in the slow cooker. Had a smoked roast that was good, but not great.

1 lb. smoked beef
3 diced jalapenos (slivers from ABT's!)
1 can kidney beans
1 can Caribbean-style black beans
1 can Hormel chili (sorry...I like this stuff as a "base")
2 cans tomato paste
1/2 c. pulled pork drippin's.

Used only chili powder, no other spices. Best chili I've ever made, and had 3 friends tell me it was the best chili they'd ever had!

Hamburgers tonight on the smokey joe. pork loin Sat and wings sun. It's all good:icon_bigsmil:icon_bigsmil

Just sliced up some chicken breast for fajitas tonightand have the strips marinating in Fiesta Fajita seasoning and few shakes of Fiesta Pico de Gallo seasoning.

Tomorrow I'm thinking about some spare ribs to eat while LSU kicks Bama's arse:biggrin:

BC chicken on the kettle tonight.

Brats grilled on kettle #2 at the post game tailgate tomorrow.

Spares on the WSM on Sunday.

Helping to cook for a fund raiser at the Harpoon Brewery in Boston. The menu is Pigs in a Blanket ('Poon Dog Style), Burnt Ends on Texas Toast, Harpoon Ale Brined Smoked Turkey, Cornbread and Fatty Sausage Stuffing, Collard Greens with Smoked Slab Bacon and Maple Syrup, Apple Bread Pudding with Harpoon Cider Sauce.

We'll be there too Steve. Can't wait. We're making the Cranberry relish for the event. We're feeding 150 people at this event! I hope I can find enough cranberrys! :-D

Grilled some chicken chests tonight and I have no idea what's cooking for the rest of the weekend...

Plan ahead mod...

Just ground a chuck and a sirloin pork roast for a big pot of chili. Brother in law is coming over to help around house and he is chili powered. I fill him with chili, and he works for hours.
We got a good Noreaster coming in tomorrow. Those guys cooking in Boston are gonna get whacked!

friday pizza
saturday brie, clams, mussels, spaghetti squash
sunday 4 butts, hog apple baked beans with smoked turkey leg meat, 3 pounds of shrimp

Have a butt I've been thawing since Tuesday - still feels a little too frozen to go on tomorrow as planned - will probably give it a go on Tuesday instead.

Rick - what makes up your hog apple backed beans?

Left over chicken thighs and pulled pork from the Halloween Wedding for next couple of days here.

Rick - what makes up your hog apple backed beans?

it's keri's hog apple baked beans with smoked turkey leg meat instead of pulled pork or sausage and it's killer!

there's a thread in here somewhere with the recipe i'm sure

Jerked Pork = Yum-Oh

Twice Smoked.

Attachments

• jerk pork 001 [800x600].JPG
    jerk pork 001 [800x600].JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 54
that looks great!

I have fatties rolled up and in the fridge for tomorrow.

Back