It's a beautiful morning--Semi Live Cook

Sorry for the delay forks and didn't snap a lot of pics as I usually do. Entertaining ain't easy. Well sort of. :-D

Brisket pulled at 9 hours and unwrapped the whole time

Kfeuvuoh.jpg

I filled the SnS and this was what was left after 9 hours no water at 275 :thumb: And some new clown on YouTube is clowning the SnS. Guess his trying to make a name for himself by trashing a company that is successful and he can't stomach it. :becky: Even stole a famous name is calling himself "Meathead" Clearly not the real one. Anyway

rJhPIGth.jpg

Oh yeah babe! I've never cooked a brisket on a kettle. Came out killer

i9yFAhQh.jpg

G7WBrexh.jpg

Point

6Y03EjNh.jpg

DOjwYzXh.jpg

Lamb shoulder

3Qo4X25h.jpg

j83u8HMh.jpg

Thanks for looking and hoping everyone is having a great Sunday.

Very cool. That shoulder has the shank on it! When we buy shoulders here in upside down land, we never get the shank as well.

That is one lurvely hunk of Lamb!

Cheers!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I agree,shank on in Springvale only.
Sako! Your Bro is being looked after very well,
'That trimmed Brisket looks soft, awesome

Thanks guys!

Oh the shank is what makes it for me. That sucks!

Man,these are getting very expensive. They started at $4+ a pound and were at $5.70/lb for a while. Then when I picked up this last one they're now at $6.99/lb. They literally can't keep them in stock so not surprised why the price is sky rocketing. This was a 4lb-er and I paid $30. Way worth it IMHO.

Sako that shank/shoulder looks money. I would happily pay $7/lb to turn that out to guests.

What was your rub and when did you pull it?

Sako that shank/shoulder looks money. I would happily pay $7/lb to turn that out to guests.

What was your rub and when did you pull it?

Thanks Si! Agreed. Even if they raise it to $10/lb I'll buy it.

I put on s&p, oregano, savory, marjoram, Aleppo pepper (any sweet paprika will work), garlic powder, onion powder and a small amount of South African seasoning blend (hot peppers, basil, garlic, salt) which was store bought. Slathered with a bit of oil first.

Took it to 190+ which was probe tender and took it off. Rested then of course served.

I’m going to have to find a source for those and give it a try. That lamb on pita with some shawarma toppings would hit it out of the park for me.

Looks like another super cook. BTW, congrats on choosing the CAB... I might be biased - grew up on a Angus operation in southern OK. I tend to think there’s nothing quite as good as the black cow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like another super cook. BTW, congrats on choosing the CAB... I might be biased - grew up on a Angus operation in southern OK. I tend to think there’s nothing quite as good as the black cow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks!

At one point we were only getting CAB Primes but there's only so much that can go around. Great while it lasted. Here and there I catch a CAB prime and pick it up but I choose Angus all day long.

Outstanding cook(s) Sako, I sure wish I had a Costco Business center within 200 miles.

Oh my.

Yes I would hit that lamb HARD!

Sure is pricey, but worth it for the way you prepared and slow bbq'd it.

We can buy here for less than 1/2 the price... but without that shank though :sad:

All looks super delicious and makes me want some lamb (and of course the brisket). Quite the rotation of beers you have going as well!

Back