THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chest to Chest is a cookoff for brisket winners of certain pre-selected contest all over the country. I think he is telling you that Meridian was one of those pre-chosen contests and you will qualify for an invite. Only certain pre selected contests are qualifiers.

From his post, it looks like they may be adding GC winners from some pre selected contests as well since he indicates Amber will be getting an invite also.

If it's the same as in the past, it's held at Great Bend, KS, along with a regular kcbs contest. Loads of fun!

OK. Now I got it. the chest to chest is a side contest for the Winter Q. Great Bend is brutal in February though.

Thanks for covering for me MW, I've been out for a few days. Yes, I was intending to say Los Primos BBQ has qualified for invitation to the Chest to Chest contest. I will have more details when the schedule is set.

And February in Great Bend can be freezing and snowy, or it can be sunny and 65 degrees, that is part of the fun!

So the chest to chest is in February and runs at the same time that Winter Q does then?

Yes. If I remember correctly, the Chest to Chest invitational, (you only cook brisket), is Fri and he kcbs contest is Sat.

Back