THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Me and my co- worker Gwen were talking last nite about foods we liked.. This was in the conversation so i went to piggly wiggly today... This is what me and her are having tonite at the refinery... Don't knock it... It had flavor off the charts

Turkey necks

Turkey wings

Ox tails...omg...

Pork neck bones... It and the ox tails went in the greens.

Black pepper... Beef bouillon... A little garlic powder... Went in the pot with the ox tails and pork neck bones ... Boiled all of this till tender....
Oh and a must.. Added this... It is not coffee.. It is bacon grease.... We all have that in the cabinet .. Don't we...

Oh and for a kicker added conecuh sausage

The greens boiler is rolling

Well Tony played a part too

This pot has the turkey necks and wings...
Mostly some of the same seasoning

The greens are about there... Added a onion during the cook

Got to have cornbread.... I like it thin...crisp... Never sweet or yellow... Yuk!!!

Mixed the cornbread up... Had a black iron skillet in the oven heating with a little bacon grease in it.... It goes in the bread

Oven temp

It is flipped and browning the other side

Done

Bite thru bark

The taste is crazy good

The turkey necks... And wings .... Are so flavorful... This is my favorite food... Soul food..... Will post a pick later of it plated up... Me and Gwen will be cowing down .... At the refinery tonite....

Doesn't get any better than that! Down home cookin' at it's best. Looks delicious! :thumb:

Thank you again for introducing me to Conecuh sausage Paul, it's one of my favorites now.

That looks awesome Paul!! Here the Piggly Wiggly carries Smoked Neckbone too. It is the bomb for seasoning any kind of greens!!

My first refrigeration job was at a brewery in downtown Phoenix AZ. There was a soul food restaurant just around the corner called Mrs. Whites Golden Rule Cafe. You just brought back some really old and fond memories for me. We would slog over on our lunch break feeling like crap and really hungry. We always found some positive energy from just the food and vibe from Mrs. Whites. Best food in the world at that moment and although I do not miss that job, I cherish the memories.

Back