Is this a weber WSM?

Anyone have a plan or google sketchup document for the old weber wooden handles? I'd like to fabricate one myself out of a piece of nice wood I have collecting dust.

You can buy custom replacement Weber handles here.

First rate craftsmanship and you can not tell they aren't original.

I had a 18.5 "D". It had a steel door & legs. I buffed the legs with a wire wheel to get rid of the rust. Then I sprayed them with Clear Cote engine paint. No more rust. I just bought a new aluminum door from Weber. They had one with the round handle lock.

Hey if I am patient enough I might run into a decent offset smoker for $50 :smile: I love RSS Notifier for Mac OS X--it's reliable and fast--and the RSS features of Craigslist searches. Helps me have a chance on the deals. Was using another RSS app that was hit and miss.

I had a 18.5 "D". It had a steel door & legs. I buffed the legs with a wire wheel to get rid of the rust. Then I sprayed them with Clear Cote engine paint. No more rust. I just bought a new aluminum door from Weber. They had one with the round handle lock.

I am gonna clean her up really well and share some pics after I'm done.

Cleaned up the lid:

2els2kp.jpg

Last edited:
Hey if I am patient enough I might run into a decent offset smoker for $50 :smile: I love RSS Notifier for Mac OS X--it's reliable and fast--and the RSS features of Craigslist searches. Helps me have a chance on the deals. Was using another RSS app that was hit and miss.

I would love to be notified of relevant postings. People are selling used ninja gear all the time but if it's a good deal it is gone fast.

Clean water pan:

34rwpd1.jpg

(I like how shallow it is for more room to tend to the fire.)

Interesting observation (Smokey Joe Lid) :

34qpimf.jpg

Foiled up and ready to go:

27xf4lj.jpg

Cleaned the door with barkeeper's friend .. about 3 minutes of work:

20a9zxf.jpg

Got this thing started up. It's at 442F and climbing right now (according to my 732). I wanna get it nice and hot for a good burnout of anything in it.

I am going to cook a pork butt on this today! :smile:

I made an interesting observation. The cooking grates that came with it are about 1/2" more in diameter than the newer model. So when I tried to put the newer grate in, it fell through. So this forced me to clean up the old dirty one.. turns out it's in great shape.. I wonder if it's made of stainless steel. The door seems to be.

She's almost ready for some wood chunks and pork butt.. Oh I can smell the blue smoke now followed by succulent pork! Isn't she pretty? (Temporarily using lid handle from a smokey joe I wasn't using.)

24zbotz.jpg

Got this thing started up. It's at 442F and climbing right now (according to my 732). I wanna get it nice and hot for a good burnout of anything in it.
Be careful how hot you get a WSM, especially an older one. It can cause the porcelain inside the bowl to blister.

I wonder if it's made of stainless steel. The door seems to be.
Neither the grates nor the door are stainless steel. The grates are chrome plated, and the door and legs are regular steel.

That door cleaned up pretty nice!

Back