Is this a weber WSM?

Scrub the outside but take this to the inside. It gets way bigger of a flame than that though.It'll kill all of the nasties in it.

One intake vent is screwed up:

210x6co.jpg

Would you screw it on or rivet it? I don't have a rivet tool and never riveted anything before.. but I guess I could!

Small Stainless nut & bolt, not too, too tightened up so as to let it turn....
Some folks use star nuts that have little teeth attached to gently bite into the metal a bit & hold.............

Tremendous pick !!!!!

If the vent won't form back into correct shape, you can get from Weber....ereplacementparts.com or others......

Here's your ereplacementparts. page:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/we...-cooker-185-parts-c-193079_193086_193162.html

Anyone have a plan or google sketchup document for the old weber wooden handles? I'd like to fabricate one myself out of a piece of nice wood I have collecting dust.

There is a C on the exhaust damper.

1981. First year WSM. Nice!

Well, Weber says that the "C" WSM was the first year, but I beg to differ. :heh:

The door is steel and the legs are steel too. They can be cleaned up with SOS pads or green ScotchBrite pads.

As far as the messed up bottom vent, try and salvage the one that's there. (It may have a "C" stamped in it.) With patience and a desire to keep it as close to original as possible it can be straightened. Send it to me and I'll do it for you. I promise to send it back!

You'll need to drill out the rivet. When you put it back on I would use a stainless 1/4" button head bolt with a washer and a jam nut on the inside (it will prevent the vent from loosening). It's unlikely you'll have good luck with a pop rivet tool.

Once you get it cleaned up, head over to the TVWBB site and send Chris an e-mail with pics. You are officially a member of the "C Club".

Congrats!

Back