I swore I'd never cook for them again.....but

We do most of Christmas on Christmas Eve with our kids and grandkids. Everyone brings a few appetizers and graze all night.
Christmas will be the two of us, a spiral cut ham, sweet potato casserole, Brussels sprouts, mashed taters, corn, green beans, rolls…..nap

I see several days of leftovers in store.

Merry Christmas!

Choice prime rib, Spiral ham, lump crab imperial stuffed cod roulade pinwheels, and the usual fixings.

The Mrs. and I get out lucky on Christmas, since we host a Monster Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving.

Our friends are hosting Christmas Eve serving Prime Rib.

I am making sausage bread for Christmas morning, and then for later when we go visit my wife's family, I'm making deviled eggs.

Merry Christmas everyone!

First time in a very long time I'm not smoking/cooking anything. One of my bros is hosting a Christmas party for about 40 family and friends. Catering the whole shindig and there will be ton of food knowing by bro. I'm actually looking forward to just doing nothing and getting hammered for a change. :loco:

I popped a bulged disc 5 days ago, and im forcing myself to still cook for family because my aunt is driving from Michigan to PA just for Christmas dinner. I can't cancel and im on my last oral dose of Corticosteroids and i don't think its going to last till Xmas. Refuse to take narcotics like Percocet. I take Aleve, but doubt its going to get me through without the corticosteroids.

But hey, must suck cooking for " them "
DDD sucks.

Smoked chicken and alligator andouille sausage gumbo tomorrow, homemade pizza Christmas Eve, and 2 briskets and homemade rolls for Christmas Day. Wife is in charge of the rest of the sides that day!

Luckily our family does not have any of "Them Others". But DIL is a very finicky eater and one nephew has food allergies that we have to tip toe around a little. The rest seem to love the food, eat a lot and take home the majority of the left overs.

This year we are having Waygu brisket and St. Louis ribs, fried potatoes, brown beans, collard greens, skillet cream cheese corn, green bean casserole, rice casserole, and Rhodes brand Texas Rolls. Trying to get wife to cook some cornbread to go with the beans and greens but she is pushing back saying we have enough. I also want to slip a ham in there but the resistance is strong. Should have 12-16 folks depending on Covid, which seems to have infected niece's husband.
I would be happy with a vegetable plate, especially if you can talk the wife into making cornbread.
I thought seriously about making a meal similar to that with pot roast and gravy as the meat. I think I try to put on an impressive meal that costs me a couple hundred bucks to buy ingredients for, but a good home cooked meal would please just as much.

Back