I love sauced, chopped brisket!

My first experience with Brisket was rough chopped brisket on a Kaiser bun with a heavy drizzle of bbq sauce. Creamy slaw on the side, but most people put it in the sandwich as did I.

Big fan of saucing here. It isn't always necessary, but it has its place. I really love trying out regional sauces with different BBQ meats. Makes for a nice change up!

Nothing wrong with that! I am not a fan of a heavy amount of sauce on meat. However, a couple of weeks ago, we went to Bucee's, and my wife decided to grab a BBQ sandwich...I was definitely a fan!! I may go get one again soon. So, I guess I am a fan of sauced brisket too.

Hell,

They even do that at Franklin's if you want. You know what I mean Charles? :heh:

The tipsy Texan

sFVD8nch.jpg

lh2FU23h.jpg

I do too, I just made some recently for use in tamale stuffing and was thinking about how I could go for a saucy chopped beef sandwich. Jack Stack BBQ here in KC has a sandwich called the "Poor Russ" and is a chopped burnt end sandwich. One of my favs. :thumb:

IMG_0070-1024x683.jpg

Howdy Neighbor!

I only order the Poor Russ. Well last trip I tried the Hatfield w brisket and smoked sausage and felt a little let down as it is supposed to have more meat but it was no where near the size of the PR. Still great as always.

Howdy Neighbor!

I only order the Poor Russ. Well last trip I tried the Hatfield w brisket and smoked sausage and felt a little let down as it is supposed to have more meat but it was no where near the size of the PR. Still great as always.

I actually don't think I've ever had their Poor Russ, I usually get the baked potato topped with the chopped brisket. I pretty much only go there for that, and the cheesy corn.

Agree 100% with you OP Charles. Growing up in the late 60's we could get 5 chopped for a dollar. Mom or Dad would drive us over to Pioneer BBQ. White bread bun and sauce brisket. They still make them the same way at a place called Jack's BBQ here. A taste of my youth for sure!

They make this stewed beef stuff in plastic white tubs from the food wholesaler that they call "Chopped Brisket". Bullchit.

Agree 100% with you OP Charles. Growing up in the late 60's we could get 5 chopped for a dollar. Mom or Dad would drive us over to Pioneer BBQ. White bread bun and sauce brisket. They still make them the same way at a place called Jack's BBQ here. A taste of my youth for sure!

They make this stewed beef stuff in plastic white tubs from the food wholesaler that they call "Chopped Brisket". Bullchit.

My introduction to barbecue was very similar to Mike's above, same time frame. The local IGA grocery would occasionally run BBQ sandwiches 5 for a dollar. They had a table set up in the meat department with one of those white oval roasters and would spoon up the sandwiches on buns on order. No idea what kind of meat or what brand of sauce or if the meat ever met any smoke. I just knew that I liked it. Probably Kraft BBQ sauce.

Thanks,

Robert

Growing up in East Texas, the only part of the brisket that got chopped and sauced was the point(sloppy joes). Flat was always sliced.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Heck, we will even chop some of the leftovers, mix sauce in it and make grilled cheese sandwiches with it.

Well, I was hoping to be the first one to mention Franklin's BBQ, LOL.

I was there two years ago and they handed out chopped and sauced brisket sandwiches to the folks inline. They were terrific and caused me to order the tipsy texan mentioned above.

I think the sauce is more needed as a binder than flavor.

Chris

I had a pretty proud moment when I was serving brisket to some work friends of my wife and one of the gals said "can you chop mine?". I said "you're from Oklahoma, right?" and she looked at me like I was the Amazing Kreskin. North TX would have been my second guess.

Anyway, as days progress when I'm working through a brisket, there's always a meal or 2 of chopped/sauced sammiches and I farking love it.

Heck, we will even chop some of the leftovers, mix sauce in it and make grilled cheese sandwiches with it.

Heck yeah, that sounds great!

Love me some leftover brisket on cheap white bread with some Head Country or Stubb's Original sauce.

Back