I love sauced, chopped brisket!

frognot

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Charles
My introduction to Texas BBQ was these li'l heavily sauced chopped brisket sandwiches on cheap white bread at a root beer stand. My dad would buy me a couple with a mug of root beer and it was so good.

I lot of folks are appalled that anybody, let alone a Texan, would dare to desecrate brisket with sauce.

And I do love some brisket that was just sliced that hangs so nicely over your finger without breaking.

My default answer when someone thinks their brisket is too dry is "chop it and sauce it". Second is make chili with it.

I realize that a lot of time, money and effort goes into cooking brisket and expectations are
high but ain't no shame in chopping and saucing.

Good bbq don't need sauce? Good cake doesn't need frosting either.

Not trying to stir the pot, just adding my two cents worth.

That's how my wife likes her brisket. She grew up in east Texas where this style was (is?) very popular.

Good bbq don't need sauce? Good cake doesn't need frosting either.

I'm more likely to look down on cupcakes with a mound of frosting, than I am BBQ with sauce.

I am in the 'prefer unsauced' camp, but some of those sauces really are tasty, and I'm not ashamed to eat them when the mood hits. But, maybe that's because the brisket I made yesterday...really needs sauce to be edible. :cry:

I agree with you, Charles. If nobody dies or is too badly scarred, do whatever pleases you, white bread and all!

My wife prefers brisket chopped and sauced so we always chop part of the flat. Her family is from Texas city/Galveston and that was how she grew up on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do too, I just made some recently for use in tamale stuffing and was thinking about how I could go for a saucy chopped beef sandwich. Jack Stack BBQ here in KC has a sandwich called the "Poor Russ" and is a chopped burnt end sandwich. One of my favs. :thumb:

IMG_0070-1024x683.jpg

Many moons ago I worked at a mom/pop BBQ restaurant. One of the perks of the job was I could have anything on the menu for lunch, except the steak. The boss was pretty clear about that: no steak.

For lunch, I'd often take two good-sized Cadillac-Cut beef back ribs, get the meat off the bone, chop it fine, mix with the jalapeno bbq sauce and eat it on a toasted hoagie roll. A college kid making hardly anything got to eat like a king once a day.

Not brisket, but it was close. And it was great!

Bred, Born, and raised in Texas.

No sauce, only on the side to dip.

Sauced chop beef= Manwich :boxing: ( just messin with ya)

Me too. A guilty pleasure of mine growing up. Chopped beef sandwiches with sauce are tasty.

Don’t get me wrong. A well cooked brisket slice without sauce is still my favorite bite but I will never look down my nose at chopped and sauced.

I eat a lot of brisket. I chop some to change it up. Nothing wrong with that. Born and raised in Central Texas!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Very few things I sauce as they are cooking, but I'll have it available as a condiment as needed. My personal favorite way to eat brisket is on a flour tortilla, with pico and cheddar cheese, and some Stubbs Spicy...

To each their own. Do what makes you happy, as long as it doesn't infringe on others...

I like sauced brisket - I just don't like really sweet sauce. Typical for us is Stubbs original or spicy on the side for dipping, but I do liked chopped and sauced for sandwiches. Hmmm...have some vacuum packed cooked brisket in the freezer. I know what I'm having tomorrow!

Back