Huntspoint Meat Rip off!!

Nutkrkr

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
UPDATED Huntspoint Meat Rip off!! He Made it Right

Here is an update to the post.

Since posting this report Johnny from Huntspoint contacted me and we had a good conversation. At the end of the day he made it right with me. I do not know, if I will order from him again but once we had both cooled down and had a chance to reflect on the situation he was able to come up with a solution that worked for me. We are now good.

If you are going to place an order with him I would advise that you are very specific and clear regarding what you expect to receive and make sure he has it and understands to contact you before shipping if he does not have it in stock.

Absolute Worst Customer Service EVER!! WARNING HUNTSPOINT MEAT WILL RIP YOU OFF. You may or may not get what you order and it is apparently your fault if you do not get the right stuff.

OK BBQ Friends; I decided to get together a selection of "Premium" Ribs to do a Rib cook and test to see which ones would work best for me and the way that I cook ribs.

There is a little known company called "Huntspoint"; always wondered why I never heard of them outside of a google search before; well that mystery has now been solved.

They have a 9 rack competition rib package of premium ribs for about $250 ($10 shipping; very reasonable)

I called to place the order and was told we do not have any of the Canadian style ribs that are supposed to be in the package; I will sub in some prairie fresh ribs; I said no to that because I can get prairie fresh right here; he said ok well I have some Farm Land that look really good, bones aren't the straightest but they are good looking ribs. I agreed and placed the order.

I received the order last night; was every excited until I opened the box. This order was for 9 racks of ribs that were 5 varieties; Compart Duroc; some internal Huntspoint a USA cut and a Canadian cut, Hatfield, and a rack of ribs with the bacon meat still on the ribs.

As I sorted the box I got the Bacon ribs (novelty not true competition for me, the Compart and then 5 racks of Hatfields and one rack that is not marked in any way so I cannot tell what they are. I assumed that they were the internal Huntspoint USA cut ribs. So disappointed I decided to call this morning to talk to them and see what happened and what they could do to make this right.

When I called he tried to tell me that he told me he did not have the ribs in the package and I did not want to hear it. I corrected him and said no you told me you did not have the Canadian cut and I agreed you could sub in some farm land ribs for those. not 5 racks of Hatfield's. At this point he became belligerent and said what do you want me to do. I said well what are our options; he said "I don't know". He said I sent you what I had; I do not have any more ribs. So what do you want me to do. I said make it right; he starts yelling and tells me I am being unreasonable. I explain that I did not find it unreasonable to ask for what I ordered. He screamed well ship it all back and I will refund your money, said I was the type of person who would not be happy no matter what anyone shipped me. At this point I became very frustrated and swore while I was speaking with him (not my finest moment); and oh boy it was off to the races then; he went on a 2 minute profanity laced rant calling me C**kSu*ker etc etc... I explained that I would not ever buy any more product from him and would spread the word about this experience with all of my BBQ friends; he begged me to do so and said every time someone complained his business got better. I explained that if he had simply called me and said he did not have what I ordered I would have either cancelled or waited until he had what I needed in stock. I would not ship the product back because I did not want him to refuse it saying it was not packaged properly and then be out the meat and the money.

I know this was long and for that I apologize but I wanted people to know what a poor business this is to try and work with and advise everyone I know to stay clear of Hunspoint meat unless you really like placing an order for something and then getting something completely different.

Total RIP OFF.

I will say that the ribs I received do look like they will be okay; I will still cook up a bunch of ribs for my friends and family and I am sure that they will love them. But the primary reason for the purchase cannot be accomplished and that is disappointing.

Last edited:
I can't get past the fact you paid almost $29 for a rack of ribs...
Premium or not, that seems really hard to understand to me.

I like to see the meat I am buying, so I'm not sure I'll ever be a Huntspoint customer, but thanks for the heads up

Last edited:
I had the same experience with him. I bought some ribs they had a ton of shinners on them. So i called to see what they would or could do and he went off on me swearing and carrying on. I simply hung up and lost his number

I have had nothing but great service from Johnny, IE Huntspoint using their Hatfield ribs for competition. Also, some of the top teams are using briskets from him and are winning.

I was on the fence about trying them since they are close to me. I left a voicemail twice with them about some questions I had. They never returned my phone calls. This will guarantee that I will not be doing business with them. Thanks for the heads up.

Just a heads up, they are not located in Hunts Point New York, nor are affiliated with any wholesaler in Hunts Point Market that I am aware of.

I must start off that I was once very happy with the briskets I received from them, once upon a time. I used to recommend him other teams, no more. He at this point will no longer sell to me, his choice.

I like to say he likes to send you a few teaser orders, nice looking quality product, then BAM!!! the crap no one else wants. The ribs I first got were awesome after that not so much. He did replace an order with another crappy order but he did. Not a straight bone in the lot. Glad I still eat ribs, not that i would spend anything close to that for at home eating ribs.

My last order of briskets was crap. That is all he had because of the American Royal. they were junk, not even usable for competition which he fully knew they were for. I was also told to bad for you. I even asked him not to just send what was laying around for that reason.

I have since found Smoke'n Dudes in Bensalem PA (215-264-7700) that sells a more consistent product. They can roll over meats into their catering side so you dont get the bottom of the barrel product. Heck I get Kobe for the price of his "premium","hand picked" briskets. If you pick up at a contest Billy even brings extra for you to go through and has checked with teams prior to cutting into his own.

Much better options out there then Huntspoint, you just need to find them.

Just a heads up, they are not located in Hunts Point New York, nor are affiliated with any wholesaler in Hunts Point Market that I am aware of.

OK I'm confused. Can you be more specific about what Hunts Point Meats you are talking about. The one in Hunts Point in New York has another place in Epping, NH.

So...really make his day & call your credit card company...you paid with a card, right? Dispute the charges.
does not work. I bought 4 supposed waygu briskets from paradise meat locker. They were definitely not waygu but were not even choice. They could not prove it when i asked. Refused to do anything to make it right. Disputed thr credit charge and lost. Crooks.

does not work. I bought 4 supposed waygu briskets from paradise meat locker. They were definitely not waygu but were not even choice. They could not prove it when i asked. Refused to do anything to make it right. Disputed thr credit charge and lost. Crooks.

Not to derail the thread, but is that the paradise meat locker in Kansas city?

This isn't the first time we have heard of this type of customer service from them. Totally surprised that he still sells meat.

Well, when you called me and I did call you back and heard your complaint, I did say "Sir, since your unhappy, how do you want me to make it right?" You then said I dont know, then you mentioned you wanted something for free, then you stated cursing. Certainly I do not give anyone the right to start cursing at me for any reason. You have no right to curse at me or mistreat me when all I did was treat you with respect and dignity. You cursed at me and mistreated me. I certainly won't accept it.

Regarding the meats, I called you after you placed your order and informed you of the supply situation on ribs. You just simply wanted to hear what you wanted to hear. Now you take your complaint here, its OK. Since you cursed at me, not handling things professionally, your not a reasonable person - all you can do is curse then expect great results. So go and curse at someone else.

My meats have helped competition teams win world championships and countless state championships. Some notable wins were 1st place brisket at the 2016 Houston Livestock and Rodeo BBQ cook-off, the same day at the ShotGun Fred Competition in Huntsville TX, we also had another 1st place brisket. My hand selected ribs and wagyu briskets, have also taken 1st place in the Sam Club competitions. Also in Wildwood, NJ, our hand selected brisket came in 1st place at the NJ State championship - 4 years in a row! We have quality products that are proven in Competition BBQ. We have been shipping thousands of meat orders all around the USA for over 4 years. We started small and grew our business, today we still ship meat all around the USA, we also operate a successful BBQ restaurant and a meat shop.

Like any business, you cant make everybody 100% happy, that is a fact of doing business with thousands of retail customers. If you are involved in retail sales you will certainly understand what I am saying. If there is a problem with your order, simple let us know and we will gladly accept your return and then issue a refund once we get the product back.

I also want to add that Smokin Gnome, Sal Gobat, did win at least 1 GC using my hand picked meats. The real fact here is that after he got all the so called "bad meats" from me, after a couple of months he did call me back asking if I will sell him more meat for BBQ competitions.

Have a good one.

Last edited:
Back