How to get DQed for no reason in 9 easy steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. Mix your seasoning in with your flour. Break a few eggs in a bowl and mix as you if you were making scrambled eggs. Dip your chicken into the egg and dredge in the flour. Into the smoker or onto the grill they go.

PS: We also inject the chicken with a secret buttery concoction that I can not divulge. This method works great for taste and crisp skin.

Thanks I am certainly looking forward to making this chicken this weekend. Also I certainly didnt want you to give up anything that is a team secret. thanks for sharing.

No problem. Mix your seasoning in with your flour. Break a few eggs in a bowl and mix as you if you were making scrambled eggs. Dip your chicken into the egg and dredge in the flour. Into the smoker or onto the grill they go.

PS: We also inject the chicken with a secret buttery concoction that I can not divulge. This method works great for taste and crisp skin.

Sawdust, that sounds a lot like a recipe I use here at home. I use a mustard slather on my chicken before I dredge it. I also have a marinade I let my chicken sit in overnight before cooking. It does look so much like fried, that I am scared to try it at a comp. Everyone that tries it loves it, but, do I try it at a comp? ? ? ? ? ? Maybe one day I will get brave, but I think I will throw it passed the rep first....

Bill

Made this recipe twice this weekend. The first time was great...came out just like fried chicken and everyone was impressed...the second time it didnt really come out that great, but I think that it could have used a little longer on the grill...it still tasted fine, but the skin and crispyness wasnt there like it was on saturday night..still good though...I was hoping for something new to bring to the tailgate, but I dont think that I am quite ready for primetime with this recipe.

thanks for the recipe.

Dawg, your welcome. It took a couple times to get it right so don't give up on it.

Bill, definitely tell the Reps! I don't want anyone to get DQ'ed on this. If excuted right, it is some of the best chicken you can make. Sounds like you have your recipe down pat Bill. Best of luck Bill.

We used the recipe this weekend and we sauced it so it would look like BBQ. It tasted good and it took 11th but the sauce really took away the real taste of the chicken which I think is better. It got good grades for texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back