THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you have 2 racks and a weber lid you should be able to do 2 butts and a brisket I have done so many times. A tip if you do the Brisket is put a 9x13 pan under it (i use a glass pan for easy clean up) and add some beef broth and peel and 1/4 an onion and add a couple cloves of garlic. When you pull the brisket separate the point from the flat and cut the point into small cubes and put in a dutch oven then take the broth and onion with garlic and put in a blender with a pint of BBQ sauce and liquify then add it to the beef cubes you made and put it back in the drum for an hour. This is always a hit at my place.

Make that planning 12 hours at 250. Not trying to cook moon rocks

You can cook tasty and tender 10lb butts in under 3 hrs on a drum.

You just need to do a few test cooks to figure out how long it takes with your drum x your style.

Unlike every one else, I do not like pork that has been held for hours, but I much prefer "held" pork to under done or eating 2 hours late. Add a couple of hours to how long you think it will take and hold it if you need to.

Hey Chr1spy, quick off topic question for you. Have you found a decent source (price) for brisket in the city?

Haven't really looked yet, but was going to check Western Beef and Costco, both of which are not too far from me. I saw that Fresh Direct also carries Brisket.

For all those asking about the timeline, here's how I'm thinking right now, the Christening is at noon on Saturday the 27th, we're serving lunch afterwards at around 2:

Friday at 9PM:> Start the fireand try to lock in around 250 degrees
Friday at 10PM: Throw my pork Butts on the smoker, hopefully locked in at 250
Saturday at 2AM(ish): Wrap by pork butts in foil, and hit the hay
Saturday at 5AM: wake and check my meat and smoker temps, return to sleep
Saturday at 7AM: wake for good, check temps again, adjust smoker if necessary to get them finished in time
Saturday at 10AM(ish): Pull the butts and rest them in preheated cooler. (If they're not at the tenderness I need I can push this until 11:30AM)
Saturday at 12PM: Be at my son's baptism
Saturday at 2PM: Remove butts from the cooler, pull the pork, and serve to our guests

I'll be doing a test cook with one butt at the same intervals early next week to make sure I can lock in my temps and test out the feasibility of the above timeline.

Back