THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't want to steal this post but on the same line, if I use a sauce and forget to refridgerate until the next day will the sauce still be good or should it be tossed. The sauce in question was Blues Hog and I certainly didn't want to waste it since it is mail order?

It is not safe at all. I think it turns toxic if it stays out for more than 2-3 hours and you should not even smell it. But you are lucky cause I happen to be a trained disposer of such harmful substances. So please close the lead put it in a box and send it to me for disposal.

Thanks for all the great advice. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I had to tossing $10 bottles of sauce after a week or two. I have no idea what I thought it wouldn't keep.

Thanks again guys.

@SmokeyW - LOVE Carolina. I passed through NC last year on the way to SC to pay a visit to the Performance Driving Center in Greer. Amazing place, fantastic people.

Lotta pigs in Smithfield too.

I'm not a microbiologist anymore and I never worked in food, but I think it's fair to say that anything kept in a cold, low oxygen environment (such as a jar/bottle) will have visible contamination from mold or fungus long before any worries of serious bacterial contamination.

If it looks ok, smells ok, and tastes ok.......

Its ok:thumb:

Ill admit, im a taster.

I raised a question about a 6 month old bottle of Blues Hog that I had, and some people answered that were still using a bottle they had opened more than a year earlier.

Onehump, I make a homemade sauce and can not keep enough of it made for my Family,they eat it on everything,even just a piece of bread,so the answer is...I don't know:rolleyes:

Back