How long does BBQ sauce last?

I don't want to steal this post but on the same line, if I use a sauce and forget to refridgerate until the next day will the sauce still be good or should it be tossed. The sauce in question was Blues Hog and I certainly didn't want to waste it since it is mail order?

It is not safe at all. I think it turns toxic if it stays out for more than 2-3 hours and you should not even smell it. But you are lucky cause I happen to be a trained disposer of such harmful substances. So please close the lead put it in a box and send it to me for disposal.

Thanks for all the great advice. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I had to tossing $10 bottles of sauce after a week or two. I have no idea what I thought it wouldn't keep.

Thanks again guys.

@SmokeyW - LOVE Carolina. I passed through NC last year on the way to SC to pay a visit to the Performance Driving Center in Greer. Amazing place, fantastic people.

Lotta pigs in Smithfield too.

I'm not a microbiologist anymore and I never worked in food, but I think it's fair to say that anything kept in a cold, low oxygen environment (such as a jar/bottle) will have visible contamination from mold or fungus long before any worries of serious bacterial contamination.

If it looks ok, smells ok, and tastes ok.......

Its ok:thumb:

Ill admit, im a taster.

I raised a question about a 6 month old bottle of Blues Hog that I had, and some people answered that were still using a bottle they had opened more than a year earlier.

What I mean is that reg. reader of this forum,BBQ often enough that sauce is used long before it would have any chance to go bad.

Onehump, I make a homemade sauce and can not keep enough of it made for my Family,they eat it on everything,even just a piece of bread,so the answer is...I don't know:rolleyes:

Back