HOT HOT and fast pulled pork pron

Nice post. That sammie looks fabulous. My grandmother would've approved of the butter. :thumb:

thanks. it was a great sandwhich. really good. walmart rolls are really good for some reason.

@ two porks. It was a we bit dry so after i pulled it, i added a couple of tablespoons of apple juice mixed with the rub into the meat. that made it very good. The reason it was dry is because i was late for math class so i had no time to rest. i just put it right into the pulling pot and pulled it. i left the juice in the aluminum pan when i transfered the pork to the other glass pulling pot. haha.

2.5 hours, yes it was way fast. but it turned out. im surprised it did really. i put it on at 11am and pulled at roughly 1.20pm. i was very lucky i didnt screw it up.

But yes, it was a bit dry so i re constituted it with apple juice. now its perfect.

thanks for lookin

Kettles are not really designed for doing low and slow, my bro. In a UDS with a heat diverter, it's easy. The proximity of the hot coals to the meat is the key. In a Kettle they are way too close to the meat. Low and slow is accomplished with indirect heat.

yeah i found that out the hard way. I am pulling out the welder to put handles on the UDS fire basket so its easier to pull out. haha. I have some rancher charcoal that is pushing two years old that i need to use. Im gonna dump the basket out friday and go with a clean batch of briqs. Then use about 15-20 briqs lit and spread them out over the unlit.

thanks man, wish me luck on the ribs friday!

yeah i found that out the hard way. I am pulling out the welder to put handles on the UDS fire basket so its easier to pull out. haha. I have some rancher charcoal that is pushing two years old that i need to use. Im gonna dump the basket out friday and go with a clean batch of briqs. Then use about 15-20 briqs lit and spread them out over the unlit.

thanks man, wish me luck on the ribs friday!

I always use fresh coals when I am trying something new. Old, burnt, or possibly wet coals, in my experience, have unpredictable and unrepeatable results.

Last edited:
I use a kettle for low and slow, I don't often cook in that range, but, can pull off some excellent cooks in my 22.5 kettle at temperatures down to 225F. It is a matter of learning to control intake. My opinion is that you indeed have too many and too large holes in your rotisserie ring. Close up those holes, bush that rotisserie ring and I think you will fine your kettle can work fine. That being said, if you have a UDS, why not use it and leave the kettle for grilling, as that would make a lot more sense to me.

I use a kettle for low and slow, I don't often cook in that range, but, can pull off some excellent cooks in my 22.5 kettle at temperatures down to 225F. It is a matter of learning to control intake. My opinion is that you indeed have too many and too large holes in your rotisserie ring. Close up those holes, bush that rotisserie ring and I think you will fine your kettle can work fine. That being said, if you have a UDS, why not use it and leave the kettle for grilling, as that would make a lot more sense to me.

cuz im lazy!. no thats a good point. During the summer i do that but in winter, the UDS is packed up so it wont rust out on the bottom. im thinking of putting the rotiss on the UDS though. That way i can do rotiss ribs and chicken.

thanks

Rotisseried the pork at 475 for one hour. Rubbed with yellow mustard and Sinder pit sweet and spicy. SInder pit is made by a new friend in southern utah who is selling it and trying to get it to become commercialized. Its a FANTASTIC rub for pork.

After the 475 roast i put in an aluminum pan with a cup or so of apple juice and finished at 300. total time for 5.5 pounds is 2.5 hours.

(thats butter on the roll)

Patio dadio has a blog post on cheater pulled pork. I read it a while back and so i decided to try it out with a few variations. Thanks John for the tips!
here is the pron:

GEDC0731.jpg

GEDC0733.jpg

GEDC0734.jpg

GEDC0737.jpg

GEDC0740.jpg

GEDC0742.jpg

Say how would one get ahold of this rub?

LT,
Your pork looks great. That sauce looks and sounds HORRIBLE. Why don't ya send all remaining stock of it to me for proper disposal. :)

If you bottle the sauce for sale, let us know.

Nicely done\.

That's got to be the hottest and fastest cooked pork butt I've seen. Looks really good. Congrats!

That's got to be the hottest and fastest cooked pork butt I've seen. Looks really good. Congrats!

YES i agree. a little to fast for me but hey, it tasted good. Im just glad it didnt burn or ruin. Im glad i went out to the rotiss when i did. *Phew*

Back