Hog Roast for 300+

okay... thanks. Never heard of those before. Sounds very interesting, may be worth a try...

Here is the recipe I use:

2 cans bushs baked beans
1 smoked naked fatty diced up
1 can apple pie filling diced up
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp favorite sweet rub
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Mix everything up and put in a 9x13 pan, cook in smoker for 2 hours uncovered. I cook between 250 & 300 but I don't think the temp is that critical because everything is already cooked. Just want to add a little smokiness to it and warm it through.

it is too cool seeing that BIG ARSE smoker being pushed to its limits! Not to mention, I know how long it takes me to prep just one pork butt and a side dish, this is ALL very impressive. Well done, Ryan:thumb:

it is too cool seeing that BIG ARSE smoker being pushed to its limits! Not to mention, I know how long it takes me to prep just one pork butt and a side dish, this is ALL very impressive. Well done, Ryan:thumb:

There was not much (maybe 30 minutes) of down time the entire time the hog was cooking, do to prepping the sides. Lot of work but also made it easier to stay awake.

Excellent job! Looks like you had a lot of VERY happy people. Well done!!!

So, how did the Beast perform? Aside from a dedicated pig shelf, any other thoughts about the cooker...something that you think needs a tweak or mod?

Bruce

Excellent job! Looks like you had a lot of VERY happy people. Well done!!!

So, how did the Beast perform? Aside from a dedicated pig shelf, any other thoughts about the cooker...something that you think needs a tweak or mod?

Bruce

Nope, other than the dedicated pig rack, I wouldn't change a single thing about the cooker. I love the 4 big air intakes, best thing I did! I typically cook with 2 of them wide open, but having two on each side allows me to not have to worry about which direction the wind is blowing or if it switches I can change which intakes are open.

The only modification I have made since having her painted was to add a bottom rack shelf support, the shelf is so long that it would bow a little in the middle when you got a heavy load on it. The rack support took care of that.

Back