Hog Roast for 300+

12 pans of beans ready for the beast
picture.php

In order to cook 12 pans of beans I needed to get the finished hog off my bottom rack (note to self: make a dedicated hog shelf for future cooks), we did the best we could to transfer it from rack to the table without it falling apart.
picture.php

To keep it warm until serving time we layed some foil over the pig and tossed a sleeping bag over it, worked great
picture.php

Serving line getting started
picture.php

Full house
picture.php

All in all, things went really well. I am dog tired and can't imagine doing this again anytime soon, but that could just be the lack of sleep talking. Give me a couple good nights sleep and I will feel differently! What can I say I am addicted to the punishment!

One of my buddies stayed up with me all night and helped me prep the pasta salad and beans. Then a couple more showed up to help me keep the service line stocked and stayed around to help clean up. Pulling this off would have been much more difficult (nearly impossible) without their help.

Amazing cook, thanks for sharing.
Suddenly a 10ld picnic doesn't look so big!

Something tells me your going to be busy.

Got some early feed back from some of the guests that have asked the Church if this will be an annual tradition! Plus I had some business cards there for anyone that asked if I do other events.

Epic cook!

How did they serve the whole hog and butts? Was the hog mostly for presentation?

We pulled everything as needed and mixed the hog in with the butts, about a 50/50 mix.

Back