Hey BBQ boozers! I need some summertime drinks

I don't always imbibe mixed drinks, but when I do....
Here's three of my favorites...

Trailer Park Margarita...
Quart Mason Jar
Fill with ice to half
12oz Mountain Dew
Tequila to taste..

Otis Brick...
Quart Mason Jar
Fill with ice to half
12oz Cheerwine
Jager to taste

Kahlua and Cream..
Quart Mason Jar
Fill with ice to half
12oz Cream
Kahlua to taste

Easy.

3 words...Banana Kahluha Colado!!!! Just like a Pina Coloda, but no Pinapple juice, instead use a banana (or 2 depending on the size of the batch) & add Kaluha (and Rum)

JD honey

i just pourd me a jack daniels honey and lemonaid tea on the rocks, oh yeah that was good....

Watermoccasin:
1/3 crown (or other canadian whiskey)
1/3 peach snaaps
1/3 pineapple juice

after the first one you will modify the portions to your taste, but i guarantee you that you will want another. these are becoming a local favorite for the summer time.

warning, these are definately a mouth grenade, pull the pin on a couple and wait to see what happens.:-D
Sounds good

Summertime drink to me is sangria. I just made 5 gallons of it for a little party at my place tomorrow.

9 ltr red wine
24 oz orange juice
32 oz 7-Up
8 oz Rose's Lime Juice
24 oz sugar
8 oz vodka
8 oz brandy
2 cinnamon sticks
Diced pears and granny smith apples

Mix all items together except fruit. The sangria can be stored up to two weeks in a cooler. Add fruit approximately one hour prior to service.

Summertime drink to me is sangria. I just made 5 gallons of it for a little party at my place tomorrow.

9 ltr red wine
24 oz orange juice
32 oz 7-Up
8 oz Rose's Lime Juice
24 oz sugar
8 oz vodka
8 oz brandy
2 cinnamon sticks
Diced pears and granny smith apples

Mix all items together except fruit. The sangria can be stored up to two weeks in a cooler. Add fruit approximately one hour prior to service.

I did the old backpack through Europe thing back in the 70s, and spent seven weeks in Spain. The Sangria was amazing on those hot, dry Spanish afternoons.

Your recipe is probably more complex than the stuff I drank back then, but it looks pretty good.

A good Sangria is, above all else, really refreshing. Your recipe sounds refreshing. :thumb:

CD

I did the old backpack through Europe thing back in the 70s, and spent seven weeks in Spain. The Sangria was amazing on those hot, dry Spanish afternoons.

Your recipe is probably more complex than the stuff I drank back then, but it looks pretty good.

A good Sangria is, above all else, really refreshing. Your recipe sounds refreshing. :thumb:

CD
it can also get dangerous :wink:

I have seen a lot of votes for vodka lemonade. I agree. but use pink lemonade.

I don't always imbibe mixed drinks, but when I do....
Here's three of my favorites...

Trailer Park Margarita...
Quart Mason Jar
Fill with ice to half
12oz Mountain Dew
Tequila to taste..

Easy.

N8Man, I laughed out loud on that one! You had me at "Mason jar" I grew up over in Oak Ridge. Brought back memories of running up to the Madison-Mayodan area to get some white. I'm thinking this Marg is best with rawish white tequila or mezcal, rather than reposado or anejo...

Cheers!

I have seen a lot of votes for vodka lemonade. I agree. but use pink lemonade.

My regular drink of choice year round is absolut mandarin with a splash of cranberry. I can drink it by the gallon. Occasionally I like Ezra brooks with some ginger ale

Many years ago my brother and I invented the Naked Iguana.

3 parts tequila, 2 parts fresh lime juice, 1 part Midori Melon liqueur over ice.

If we ran it through a blender, it was a Green Iguana.

Oh, and I meant to add that Vodka Lemonades were my summertime drink of choice, until I learned I was allergic to Vodka.

When I drank it I broke out in divorce papers.

Good margatita version:

1 CUP OF TEQUILA
1 CUP OF CLUB SODA
1 CUP OF SUGAR
1 CUP OF FRESH LEMON JUICE
ICE

MIX IT IN THE BLENDER, SALT ON THE GLASS ..ENJOY

Back