Head Country Sauce......Really???

The reason I say this is because it is just a simple, basic, traditional type BBQ sauce in my opinion. I’ve done well with this sauce, unaltered.

This sums it up well:
stopliking_zpsada45ade.jpg

It seems opinions are all over the place with HC. IMO, I believe Joe Q Public likes this sauce whether it's straight up or tweaked. It's a type of sauce one would expect to get from a typical BBQ joint. On the other hand a more "refined" BBQ palate (like many who are serious BBQ comp cooks) don't care for the liquid smoke/ketchup style taste and want a little more from their sauce.

On the other hand a more "refined" BBQ palate (like many who are serious BBQ comp cooks) don't care for the liquid smoke/ketchup style taste and want a little more from their sauce.
My palate must be exquisitely refined, because I absolutely do not share the Head Country love. If you gave me some damned fine BBQ with Head Country on it, I would not eat it.

No. I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. It's a comment on the tone of this thread.

Understood, and thats cool. I know that its a different strokes for different folks game. I blame my overexposed south Louisiana taste buds for my inability to appreciate a sauce like HC original.

Understood, and thats cool. I know that its a different strokes for different folks game. I blame my overexposed south Louisiana taste buds for my inability to appreciate a sauce like HC original.

No, some might say you have a refined palate, and a serious BBQ competitor!:razz:

you might have struck a chord there regarding competition and your flavor profile*gulp*.

something to think about anyway...

I guess I’m not a serious BBQ competitor because my palette is not refined.

Well you have been known to associate with a certain City Boy.....that should tell me something...but I just get confused sorting that one out.....

i guess it had been a while since i used KC materpeice.

i need to retract my previous sentiments. while somewhat similar with the liquid smoke flavor, head country, is FAR superior to kc masterpeice.

i guess it had been a while since i used KC materpeice.

i need to retract my previous sentiments. while somewhat similar with the liquid smoke flavor, head country, is FAR superior to kc masterpeice.

I've put it head-to-head with typical store bought BBQ sauce and you're right. But when you taste it straight from the bottle, it just tastes like normal KC or something. But what do I know, I'm not a serious competitor with a refined palette. :redface:

Im glad no one likes this sauce, leaves more for me i guess... its kinda like franks red hot... I put that $*&# on everything...:loco:

Back