THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The reason I say this is because it is just a simple, basic, traditional type BBQ sauce in my opinion. I’ve done well with this sauce, unaltered.

This sums it up well:
stopliking_zpsada45ade.jpg

It seems opinions are all over the place with HC. IMO, I believe Joe Q Public likes this sauce whether it's straight up or tweaked. It's a type of sauce one would expect to get from a typical BBQ joint. On the other hand a more "refined" BBQ palate (like many who are serious BBQ comp cooks) don't care for the liquid smoke/ketchup style taste and want a little more from their sauce.

On the other hand a more "refined" BBQ palate (like many who are serious BBQ comp cooks) don't care for the liquid smoke/ketchup style taste and want a little more from their sauce.
My palate must be exquisitely refined, because I absolutely do not share the Head Country love. If you gave me some damned fine BBQ with Head Country on it, I would not eat it.

No. I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. It's a comment on the tone of this thread.

Understood, and thats cool. I know that its a different strokes for different folks game. I blame my overexposed south Louisiana taste buds for my inability to appreciate a sauce like HC original.

Understood, and thats cool. I know that its a different strokes for different folks game. I blame my overexposed south Louisiana taste buds for my inability to appreciate a sauce like HC original.

No, some might say you have a refined palate, and a serious BBQ competitor!:razz:

you might have struck a chord there regarding competition and your flavor profile*gulp*.

something to think about anyway...

I guess I’m not a serious BBQ competitor because my palette is not refined.

Well you have been known to associate with a certain City Boy.....that should tell me something...but I just get confused sorting that one out.....

i guess it had been a while since i used KC materpeice.

i need to retract my previous sentiments. while somewhat similar with the liquid smoke flavor, head country, is FAR superior to kc masterpeice.

i guess it had been a while since i used KC materpeice.

i need to retract my previous sentiments. while somewhat similar with the liquid smoke flavor, head country, is FAR superior to kc masterpeice.

I've put it head-to-head with typical store bought BBQ sauce and you're right. But when you taste it straight from the bottle, it just tastes like normal KC or something. But what do I know, I'm not a serious competitor with a refined palette. :redface:

Back