Happy Friday Farkers...What's Smokin' This Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Live from sunny Palm Springs...lots of smokin' but I'm not the one doin' it...we'll be learnin' from the Godfather...Mr. Johnny Trigg! Have a great weekend folks!

WOW!!! Lucky you!!!

Not sure what's gonna get done this weekend here. 6yo's B-Day party tomorrow. Probably do chickens or chops on Sunday.

.....hope that SM Spicy Apple gets here...:pray:

St. Louis cut ribs. I'll be testing out the charcoal basket I made for the offset.

I'm gonna put the finishing touches on my UDS build tonight. I plan on breaking it in this weekend with a couple of Boston Butts, some fatties, and maybe a brisket. Can't wait!

You lucky dog!
I will be doing a chuckie for tacos to go along with the Tamales we will be making from the butt and chicken I smoked last weekend. Then I will be making empanadas. Busy day!

For us this is a gasser weekend. Gonna do experi-Mental stuffed burgers tonight. Thinking Burger Cordonblue, Mac Daddy burger and Lasagna Burger.

Yep, Just what you think they are. :)

Saturday: Grilled Flank Steak with a Cabernet Balsamic Sauce, Salad, some grilled Rustic Pugliese and a nice bottle of wine.

Sunday: Butt with a slather and some Yardbird (starting it bright and early), Homemade Mac & Cheese and a few cold beers.

Gonna make a cheesy pepper polenta fatty or two, and some competition style chicken thighs. I'll be kicking off the season at Pork in the Park in Salisbury, MD next month so practice starts now. Next weekend, ribs...

We've got Spares & Backs on the smoker for a photo shoot. Look for my article in the BBQ Mag Online on "Backyard Ribs".

Ribs, itr's been too long since I've done those and I need to try a sauce with smoked beer.

I'm camping tonight. I'm going to through some MOINKS on the Smokey Joe.

I'm not sure about tomorrow. It's been awhile since I had a steak.

Working all day Sunday.

CD

I will be breaking in my new competitor this weekend! I have some spares stashed in the freezer and a butt, might grab a few fatties too.

Have fun in that class guys I wish I was there with ya.

If I get back to feeling better (nasty cold) I'm gonna try beef ribs for the first time. Also wanna try some chickens with the SM cherry rub - my first go with a rub I haven't made - wanna see what all the fuss is about & I'm looking forward to it. Oh yeah, sausage (don't know what kind yet) and a fatty with whatever I don't put in casings - will be hitting that with the cherry rub as well.

Back