Guelph Newbie

Andreas1963

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Andreas
Greetings All!

My name is Andy. I'm a 59 year old retired firefighter living in Guelph Ontario. I've always been interested in smoking meat and originally I was going to build an ugly drum smoker, that is until my wife and kids (and our neighbour) all chipped in and got me a Weber Smokey Mountain (18.5 inch) for my birthday!
I've ordered a wireless thermometer to go with the WSM. I joined the BBQ Brethren because it appeared to be the premier (most active) forum, and I have questions. I have barbecued of course, but only standard propane stuff, never smoking with charcoal. I'm really excited to start smoking meat!

Welcome Andy!
Our son is a firefighter in Dallas. Thanks for your service.

Lookin forward to your cooks on the new WSM

Welcome Andy! You should find lots of info here and don't be afraid to ask questions

Welcome aboard Andy!

We had a member from Guleph, Kathy (forum name was Kathy's Smokin') , who passed away in 2018.

Welcome Andy! Good to see another fellow Ontario smoker signing up. This place is great and a wealth of knowledge from the members. So many people willing to help out or answer any questions. Hope to see you posting some cooks on that WSM!

Hey Andy,

Welcome!

Currently I live in Halifax, but I grew up in Guelph so it's great to see another Storm fan here on the forums :)

Happy smoking and thank you for your service!

Welocme, Andy!

Not is this place the most active, it truly IS the premier BBQ Forum on the internet(s). :wink:

Back