THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ouch...

My KA grinder attachment was cracking, I suspect due to after market plates. I bit the bullet and bought the LEM Big Bite #8.

I use a Cabelas grinder I’ve had for many years - just 1/2 hp, that thing is unstoppable.

I use chuck plus whatever else is looking good at the time, usually tri tip or some steak that needs cooking; I’ve thrown in some dry-aged rib-eye with great results, not cheap but it had been in the deep freeze for a while and I wanted to make use of it.

Ouch...

My KA grinder attachment was cracking, I suspect due to after market plates. I bit the bullet and bought the LEM Big Bite #8.

+1 Here! My Kitchenaid grinding attachment was more of a toy. I was in Academy Sports and Outdoors a couple of years ago and they were closing out LEM grinders at 40% off, so I grabbed a #12 which is way bigger than I will ever need, but it can also chew through a 20 pound brisket in a matter of minutes. I also bought the footswitch off of Amazon which is nice for hands free operation.

I would suggest cutting the roast into strips instead of chunks, grinder swallows them up. I also have the Lem big bite #8. A really good investment. Chuck roast or brisket would be my choice.

Back