Grinding Beef For Burgers

Ouch...

My KA grinder attachment was cracking, I suspect due to after market plates. I bit the bullet and bought the LEM Big Bite #8.

I use a Cabelas grinder I’ve had for many years - just 1/2 hp, that thing is unstoppable.

I use chuck plus whatever else is looking good at the time, usually tri tip or some steak that needs cooking; I’ve thrown in some dry-aged rib-eye with great results, not cheap but it had been in the deep freeze for a while and I wanted to make use of it.

Ouch...

My KA grinder attachment was cracking, I suspect due to after market plates. I bit the bullet and bought the LEM Big Bite #8.

+1 Here! My Kitchenaid grinding attachment was more of a toy. I was in Academy Sports and Outdoors a couple of years ago and they were closing out LEM grinders at 40% off, so I grabbed a #12 which is way bigger than I will ever need, but it can also chew through a 20 pound brisket in a matter of minutes. I also bought the footswitch off of Amazon which is nice for hands free operation.

I would suggest cutting the roast into strips instead of chunks, grinder swallows them up. I also have the Lem big bite #8. A really good investment. Chuck roast or brisket would be my choice.

Back