THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The winners made a gumbo.... If you recall, a few teams didn't think that was right... But they said that sausage was made out of pork... I would think they would have to tighten those rules a little bit...

I'd also make sure you have enough cocktails to drink... Makes it a lot more fun... I got to cook it last year with YankeeBBQ as Hawgeyes Nation... We even had a cheering section... But no cheerleaders, as they never showed up...
Well, I didnt want to say anything. We were right next to them and it said the only protein was to be what they gave you. Oh well. I was more impressed with wonton's from the other Illinois team.

Quau is a machine!! lol. I was too busy watching him... OK maybe I was watching those fine hurricane's that our cheering section was supplying too.

Just go out and have fun is my recommendation, after being involved with 2 of these cook offs.

Steph from TheSlabs.com will be my partner in crime for the Big Green Egg Scramble. I'm recruiting the big guns for this one. Apparently Clone... er... Smokey D, got wind of it and backed out.

Anybody familiar with the area have a recomendation for a grocery store with good produce?

I also need a liquor store. It's time to contribute to Rev. Randy as well:lol:

The closer to the fairgrounds the better.

Anybody familiar with the area have a recomendation for a grocery store with good produce?

There's a drive through liquor store right by the fairgrounds on University Ave just west of the fairgrounds.

There is a Hy-Vee East on University as well. We'll be going there for a few things.

Sorry folks, park's closed. The moose out front should have told ya. Word is the place is full and they're turning teams away.

I'll be there to walk around and hopefully meet a few people.

Someone mentioned a couple of spots for provisions near the fairgrounds. There are other, larger grocery stores fairly close by, as well as a few ethnic markets if you need something really special.

If anyone has any questions about where to get what in the immediate area, shoot me a message. I literally live just up the street from the fairgrounds.

Chris

Ponderosa BBQ will be working on some whole hog improvements this weekend.looking forward to seeing my BBQ friends

It sounds like it is going to be a great one......will have to put this one on the must soon do as well......best of luck to all!

Back