THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The good news is that loin is turned in using a clam shell with regular KCBS rules. So Darren and Shad can't turn the category into some chefs delight like we had in St. Joe.

No kidding .. we saw a pic of what they turned in. I'm giving up if we have start doing that to compete. (It did look awsome!)

I will be there with a friend of mine. His team is Slappy Blues. I won't be there all day Saturday. I have to got to Minneapolis for my nephew's HS graduation. I will be looking everyone up while I am out there.

It looks like we are competing against each other in the BGE Scramble--It should be fun! Has anyone done this before? I have no idea what to expect.

We did it last year. The mystery meat was pork knuckle. The winners made a kabob. The large egg doesnt have room for a lot of stuff by the time you get a chunk of meat on there and the time goes really fast. If you havent got your list of other stuff, you will soon. Just look for a way to cook it fast if needed and have a good presentation.

We did it last year. The mystery meat was pork knuckle. The winners made a kabob. The large egg doesnt have room for a lot of stuff by the time you get a chunk of meat on there and the time goes really fast. If you havent got your list of other stuff, you will soon. Just look for a way to cook it fast if needed and have a good presentation.

The winners made a gumbo.... If you recall, a few teams didn't think that was right... But they said that sausage was made out of pork... I would think they would have to tighten those rules a little bit...

I'd also make sure you have enough cocktails to drink... Makes it a lot more fun... I got to cook it last year with YankeeBBQ as Hawgeyes Nation... We even had a cheering section... But no cheerleaders, as they never showed up...

Not this year Joe. I have a conflict at work... Which really stinks, as I love this contest... But I wouldn't of been able to pull in until after 10:00 pm and that just wouldn't work... so hopefully next year.

Anne and crew do a great job of taking care of the cooks. The crowds really enjoy themselves too.

Have fun! And good luck with the loin...

Scottie

The winners made a gumbo.... If you recall, a few teams didn't think that was right... But they said that sausage was made out of pork... I would think they would have to tighten those rules a little bit...

I'd also make sure you have enough cocktails to drink... Makes it a lot more fun... I got to cook it last year with YankeeBBQ as Hawgeyes Nation... We even had a cheering section... But no cheerleaders, as they never showed up...

Pardon my naivete, but how could they use sausage when the meat was knuckle?:-?

Back