THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
From the National Garlic Month Throwdown! description: "Cook with garlic and make it the star or supporting actor in your entry dish!"

I took option A and made garlic the star. But I had a pretty good co-star that fit right in too. I started with a boneless Easter prime rib, then cut a bunch of steaks leaving me with either a thick steak, or a thin roast which I trimmed close and let dry in the beer fridge for 3 days.

pOnqADN.jpg

6DO8mJb.jpg

9VtlOtx.jpg

QbldDig.jpg

I studded the steak around the perimeter, then shot a few ounces of beefy goodness into it.

CW799Of.jpg

0vZqRxO.jpg

Next I marinated some garlic in Spanish olive oil and skewered them. They got about 15 minutes in light smoke, then more oil and roasted for 25 minutes more until they were soft.

6YohuMN.jpg

74JD7Gz.jpg

Meanwhile, it was grilling time.

PgsdEys.jpg

ih3aLQ9.jpg

I bruised some rosemary and thyme and oiled a cutting board so we could eat the meat and garlic family style along with a slice of sourdough.

xfbMGT1.jpg

Well, that's about as good as it gets on many levels all at once, Wayne! Lots of garlic, great beef, grilled perfectly, nice board photo, served APL-ish, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat!

Well, that's about as good as it gets on many levels all at once, Wayne! Lots of garlic, great beef, grilled perfectly, nice board photo, served APL-ish, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat!

Thanks for the kind words. It was kind of funny because I like dragging a pinch of fresh bread through the board dressing. Mrs ~t~ makes sourdough in a Dutch oven and this slice was so big it made the steak look smaller than it was so I had to work around that.

7CYLwCR.jpg

Will someone fetch me an adult beverage from that beer fridge and I’ll be needing some elbow room. And as my grandpa used to say, “at the dinner table if you open your mouth put some food in it”

Back