THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GrillsGoneWild

is one Smokin' Farker
Not sure if these have ever been reviewed here, but this is my story of the ultimate BBQ glove.

I have used rubber gloves, cowboy leather gloves, welding gloves, etc. over the years and they have worked to some extent. I would have to change gloves for different things and then cleaning them was a pain. Well I think I found Nirvana when a buddy of mine showed me what he got for father's day. As soon as I got home, I got on Amazon to order them. Got them in a couple of days and ended up using them over the 4th holiday. They worked out great. I could put them on and not feel like I was going to lose grip of something. I used them for pulling out hot shelves, moving hot food around, moved hot pans in and out of the smoker, plus even was able to use them to pull the firebox out to reload the charcoal. At one time I even used them on my hand to move some coals around. All of that without getting burned or it feeling like I was going to burn my fingers. Then they were placed into the dish washer.

So here you go my brethren....I hope you enjoy them as much as I have:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/1682-Heat-Resistant-Fireplace-Barbecue/dp/B000JFCEDM/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1373253607&sr=1-1&keywords=G+%26+F+1682+Heat+Resistant+Fireplace+and+Barbecue+Pit+Mitt"]G & F 1682 Heat Resistant Fireplace and Barbecue Pit Mitt - Amazon.com[/ame]

***be aware that there is only one glove per order

Can ya pickup a hot cast iron skillet with these?

They work great!

Basically what you have is the same concept/design as the "Ove Glove" or "Pit Mitt" both available on Amazon. They are rated to 540* and 475* respectively.

I've used them both, and with the exception of sometime being hard to take off without the fingers coming back inside of themselves, would recommend them in an instant.

I would disagree with calling them the "best". Find some old firefighter's gloves

1bf466f2-5667-4322-b587-20a270f569c4_zps3a1fb526.jpg

Yes, fire fighter gloves work great, but I wouldn't put the ones I use in a washer. Fought too many house fires with them and my wife would slap me if I threw them in her washer.....:grin:

That's an awesome deal. I use my old hot gloves that I have from my days working the power lines...mine were $50 when I bought them. I'll have to look into these too.

Those look very similar to what I can get at my local Lowe's for about the same price. A nomex inner sleeve w/ the black outer sleeve w/ some silicon stuff in a pattern on the surface.

I like to keep a pair of insulated rubber gloves dedicated to meat handling. After handling meat I just leave them on and wash my hands with the gloves on at the sink & let them drip dry. It keeps them nice and sanitary and the inside of the gloves never gets wet. For firebox maintenance or other hot stuff I use high leather gloves that protect almost to the elbow.

Both of these are cheap (<$20 for both) and effective but most importantly I like to keep my meat gloves sanitary.

That's an awesome deal. I use my old hot gloves that I have from my days working the power lines...mine were $50 when I bought them. I'll have to look into these too.

I got a pair of culled rubber lineman gloves. Work very good for pulling pork, and working hot racks and hot meat in and out the cooker. They come up to elbows so that's what makes them good for working the racks.

Back