THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cook indirect until desired temp, that's how I roll. Watch the grain when cutting, it changes direction from the point to the base.

Ala John Lee Hooker: One Chimney, One Weber, One Tri-tip..

DSC02208.jpg

45 minutes later
DSC02209.jpg

BOIL it? Are you stark raving mad????? Lol! Lawry's seasoning salt and lots of black pepper. Cook it to med-rare/medium. Nuff said! Tri-Tip has tons of flavor on it's own. Adding a bunch of junk or soaking it in marinade ruins it (IMO)!

JiveTurkey,what's that white bottle in the background?

Austin Powers Mod: Oh that! It's not mine, really!

Yes I am guilty as charged. I feel like Bill Clinton now; yes I used it but I didn't inhale. Okay I'm lying, I use the fluid on occasion and I'm PROUD of it! Lighter fluid users unite!

Viva La Revolution!

hey jiveturkey im also guilty i use fluid every now and then especially when i gotta light alot of charcoal. i mostly use a chimney but people complain about the smell of burning newspaper.
this thread is inspiring me to got get a tri-tip at the store soon i will try to post some pron when i decide to do it maybe some time next week or weekend. oh now im gonna be thinking about some nice juicy tri-tip till i get one :)

Thanks for the replies. Looks like lunch tomorrow! I'll start it at about 10am. Fire up the grill at about 9:30am.

Big Grin! I better get some onions and buns.

Thanks for that link leanza.

Tomorrow was the other day! Its tomorrow already!:p

How did it go?

Tri tip is readily available here in CA. I smoke mine, no boiling. I wasnt a big fan of this cut until i smoked it. Just throwing it on my gas grill left it needing more. I smoked with apple wood and season with kosher salt, cbp, garlic powder, and a pinch of onion powder. Ive even used my rotisserie i modified for the UDS and it comes out very very moist.

Without rotisserie
http://picasaweb.google.com/krislewis76/Bbqbeeftritip101509#

With rotisserie
http://picasaweb.google.com/krislewis76/Bbqbeeftritip111209#

Back