First Tri Tip

Cook indirect until desired temp, that's how I roll. Watch the grain when cutting, it changes direction from the point to the base.

Ala John Lee Hooker: One Chimney, One Weber, One Tri-tip..

DSC02208.jpg

45 minutes later
DSC02209.jpg

BOIL it? Are you stark raving mad????? Lol! Lawry's seasoning salt and lots of black pepper. Cook it to med-rare/medium. Nuff said! Tri-Tip has tons of flavor on it's own. Adding a bunch of junk or soaking it in marinade ruins it (IMO)!

JiveTurkey,what's that white bottle in the background?

Austin Powers Mod: Oh that! It's not mine, really!

Yes I am guilty as charged. I feel like Bill Clinton now; yes I used it but I didn't inhale. Okay I'm lying, I use the fluid on occasion and I'm PROUD of it! Lighter fluid users unite!

Viva La Revolution!

hey jiveturkey im also guilty i use fluid every now and then especially when i gotta light alot of charcoal. i mostly use a chimney but people complain about the smell of burning newspaper.
this thread is inspiring me to got get a tri-tip at the store soon i will try to post some pron when i decide to do it maybe some time next week or weekend. oh now im gonna be thinking about some nice juicy tri-tip till i get one :)

Thanks for the replies. Looks like lunch tomorrow! I'll start it at about 10am. Fire up the grill at about 9:30am.

Big Grin! I better get some onions and buns.

Thanks for that link leanza.

Tomorrow was the other day! Its tomorrow already!:p

How did it go?

Tri tip is readily available here in CA. I smoke mine, no boiling. I wasnt a big fan of this cut until i smoked it. Just throwing it on my gas grill left it needing more. I smoked with apple wood and season with kosher salt, cbp, garlic powder, and a pinch of onion powder. Ive even used my rotisserie i modified for the UDS and it comes out very very moist.

Without rotisserie
http://picasaweb.google.com/krislewis76/Bbqbeeftritip101509#

With rotisserie
http://picasaweb.google.com/krislewis76/Bbqbeeftritip111209#

Back