THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pig_Farmer

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Carl
I went to Shamrock Foods on Saturday and picked up a multi pack of tri-tip. took them out of the cryo-vac and individually vacuum sealed them. Ended up with 5 total. The wife forced me to cook one on Sunday and I was more than happy to oblige.

I did a pretty aggressive trim. I hope that was the right thing to do. Like I said, this was my first tri-tip. I did a search on here and it looks like most folks trim all of the fat off. Then I seasoned with OR Santa Maria. That was a perfect choice.
20181111_120128.jpg
I did a reverse sear on it and when it reach 125 IT I pulled it of the Weber and got the coals nice and hot and sear for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
20181111_145940.jpg
20181111_150057.jpg
I Removed the tri-tip from the smoker and let it rest a bit, and then sliced it up.
20181111_152941.jpg
20181111_152953.jpg
Final thoughts on Tri-Tip. I absolutely love tri-tip. This will be my next go to cut of meat. I love pork tenderloin, but this one now comes in a very close second. I think the more of these that I cook and adding some different flavors it could be my #1.

Thanks for looking
Carl

Looks good!, some of my West Coast friends believe that it needs basted with a Santa Maria oil/baste as you turn it, but they would prolly cook it over a wood fire.

Looks good!, some of my West Coast friends believe that it needs basted with a Santa Maria oil/baste as you turn it, but they would prolly cook it over a wood fire.

Thank you. I did dust it again before I put it back on the grill to sear. I may have to try the paste next time. Is it just EVOO and the seasoning?

Oh yeah, I'd hit that!! I really like Shamrock Foods. Good deals if you get the card from them. So can go in there and spend some serious money if ya ain't careful!!

Bob

Back