THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks nice! Do you have any more pictures of the shelving you put in up front? That's something I need to do and I'm not sure what would work best.

Update

Finished up the fold down bed. Got the roof insulated. Put in some hooks for bungees to hold stuff on the shelf. My mom is making us a velcro in canvas wall for the back door that will fit around the a/c.

Attachments

• IMGP2702.jpg
    IMGP2702.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMGP2705.jpg
    IMGP2705.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMGP2710.jpg
    IMGP2710.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMGP2703.jpg
    IMGP2703.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 156
Guys I too just bought a 6 x 12! I need ideas on how to do the layout. Can you guys pls post some more pic's for ideas. I know I need to lay a new floor. I have seen a lot of black & white checker floors. But most important are the anchors. I have none as of now. I want to run electric, more lights ect.
thanks jeff

What type of a/c unit are you putting in?
I have a 5500 (7 amps) window unit. I hope it cuts the mustard. I ran it yesterday with a blanket hanging over the hole in the back. It was 120 in the trailer when I turned it on and 2 hours later it was 84. I think with the air tight canvas with a moving blanket behind it for insulation and starting it in the morning it should be ok. It did not help that it was 100 with 90% humidity. What do you guys think?

Until you can get a larger unit, it will do, but about 84* will probably be your consistent comfort level. We have a 5500 in ours, and with fanning the door in and out (grandkids) in the hot part of the day, that is about as cool as we can get it, sometimes not even that. Once the sun goes down, it is much better. Be sure to drill a small hole in the underside of the case so the water drips to the outside and not into the wall or inside the trailer.

I havn't had a real chance to work my rooftop a/c on my 6x10. It's 13.5 BTU. I need to run a drain line and test it out on these 103* days. I wanted to be able to compete in the summer here in TX.

About the best you can expect from an A/C is a 20 degree temperature drop between the ambient room temp and the output air.

We throw a handful of gallon jugs of frozen water in ours and some more in the freezer. We don't keep the meat in it during transport, but it helps it get back down to temp fairly quick.

Last update

Got the canvas for the back done and fit around the a/c. Don't think it is going to matter much this weekend. (100 degrees in Yates Center) Check out the backing fabric for the canvas!!

Attachments

• IMGP2716.jpg
    IMGP2716.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMGP2717.jpg
    IMGP2717.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMGP2721.jpg
    IMGP2721.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 129
Just my 2 cents, but cold air falls, the ac unit will work much better placed at the top of the opening. i would guess you will gain at least 7-10 more degrees.

Be sure to put a fan (oscillating) in front of the unit if you have room. One that tilts upward helps too. That new trailer is coming along really well. Will be interested in hearing how well it all works after this next weekend.
Did Vern pack the sprinkler? Gonna be a hot one from what I hear!

Be sure to put a fan (oscillating) in front of the unit if you have room. One that tilts upward helps too. That new trailer is coming along really well. Will be interested in hearing how well it all works after this next weekend.
Did Vern pack the sprinkler? Gonna be a hot one from what I hear!
No sprinkler this time, I think he is opting for a naked slip and slide!!

I am planning on putting our box fan in front of the ac. They have a Pool at the comp. sight free for everyone so we should be fine during the day. I think it will be alright at night when we are trying to sleep.

Back