ET-732 testimonials (probe issues)

Are they replacing the probes with no questions asked? Is there any cost to the consumer?There is nothing worse then having to pay more money due to a faulty product!! If they are replacing no questions asked with no hidden fees,shipping ect... I'm going to take the plunge and order one.

Yes. All they wanted to know was my address. (OK. So I guess they asked THAT question.) ;)

Had an ET-73 and it worked, barely for about three cooks before the probe burnt. Used the other probe, one cook, burnt. Replaced the stubby probe, two cooks fried.

The only thing I liked from the whole experience was the spring metal probe holder for the rack, I still use it to this day.

i just bought mine here saturday and haven't had a chance to use it yet. Though i am thinking that if there are issues i might go ahead and call now tell them there is an issue so you have them ahead of time. just a thought

Honestly, if I had just ordered a decent bi-metal dial thermo from the beginning I would have saved myself a lot of headache.

It didn't matter how I babied those probes they just could not handle the smoke and moisture inside my cooker.

YMMV

My bbq temp probe was not taking accurate temps from day 1. I contacted the company and they wanted the probe sent back. I threws the whole thing in the trash, where it belongs.

I sometimes feel like I am the link between Maverick and the Brethren. I hope I will be able to answer some questions here.

1) The reason why at first they were asking for the probes to be sent back was to be able to inspect them and if they could figure out what wrong I could be prevented in the future.

2) If you have a probe issue or any issue call Maverick 1-800-526-0954. They need to know about any issues and they will take care of you.

3) If your digital thermometer is acting funny CHANGE THE BATTERIES!!!!!! I just had a customer return for what was he said to be a faulty transmitter. I got him a new transmitter and put in his batteries. The new one would not work either. The entire time it was dead batteries.

If there are any questions from the Brethren please send me a PM. I will make sure I get you a answer.

My bbq temp probe was not taking accurate temps from day 1. I contacted the company and they wanted the probe sent back. I threws the whole thing in the trash, where it belongs.

Glad you can afford to throw good products away. Next time send em to me.

Thx,Everyone
Sounds like they have good customer service,so I ordered one yesterday, should be here tomorrow.I'll update after I use it a few times. :thumb:

Yeah, I'm thinking you are stretching the truth a bit.:tsk:

Groundhogg66, I'm offended at your comments.

The setup doesn't do me much good without a working probe, and I didn't feel like messing around sending stuff back and forth.

Sounds like their customer service is spotty at best. Some have said they just sent out a new probe, others were asked to send it back? Also sounds like they have many problems with the probes, so why would they not have a consistent policy to deal with the problems. I expected them to as me to simply send proof of purchase (No problem, I had just bought it) or a quick smartphone pic of the problem. I seriously doubt if the probes cost them more than a buck or two. How many retailers ask you to send minor pieces back and forth?

I really wanted this to work for me. Unfortunately, I was not impressed.

Groundhogg66, I'm offended at your comments.

The setup doesn't do me much good without a working probe, and I didn't feel like messing around sending stuff back and forth.

Sounds like their customer service is spotty at best. Some have said they just sent out a new probe, others were asked to send it back? Also sounds like they have many problems with the probes, so why would they not have a consistent policy to deal with the problems. I expected them to as me to simply send proof of purchase (No problem, I had just bought it) or a quick smartphone pic of the problem. I seriously doubt if the probes cost them more than a buck or two. How many retailers ask you to send minor pieces back and forth?

I really wanted this to work for me. Unfortunately, I was not impressed.
I guess you missed my post. I was trying to get you an answer to your issue. I have a good relationship with Maverick, they sponsor my BBQ team and their operations manager competes with us. Because of that we talk often and I get to hear what is going on.

When the 732 came out they had a new probe that was rated to 716 F. This probe was new for Maverick and the factory that makes them. When probe issues began to happen they wanted to get probes back to try to figure it out. In that case a picture would not help.

Hi Steve,

I saw your post. Guess if I still had it, I could send it back. I don't, so I can't. :)

Your short paragraph was more explanation than I got from the company. Maybe if they want some support/cooperation for getting back these defective probes, they would take the extra 2 seconds to copy and paste a nice request, along with a short explanation.

I manufacture an item that sells around the world. I initially had one part that failed. As soon as I found out about it, I immediately replaced that part on my dime in every case. The result, I'm listed in Dave's Garden as top 5 in my industry.

I realize parts can fail. It's how the issue is resolved that counts.

Here's an example of how they could have handled this once they knew there was a problem: We apologize for the issue you have had with your probe. We are sending you a new probe right away so you can continue to enjoy using your new ET-732, We are enclosing a postage paid envelope and would appreciate if you would send back the probe in question for testing purposes.

I did not post my comments looking to argue with anyone....I also didn't start this thread about receiving defective probes. But I DID purchase based on what I read here. I just voiced my frustration at how this was handled.

Last edited:
I have a cabinet full of old probes and controllers after a couple of dozen I decided I don't need one. they about useless as BOOBIES on a boar hog

I have a cabinet full of old probes and controllers after a couple of dozen I decided I don't need one. they about useless as BOOBIES on a boar hog
Jestridge..Out of curiosity are you referring to many different manufactures and models?

Steve,

Can you tell me if the probe issue has been resolved? I am looking into purchasing one of these units. I have a Cheap unit that I got from lowes a year or so ago, that is working fine, but it does not have the wireless remote. Thanks for any input on this.

Chris

well just a follow up to my reply... Maverick has not contacted me after recieving my et 732 after several probe problems and then a malfunctioning transmitter... yes I made sure the batteries were good tried 3 brand new sets and same problem... So I am still waiting to hear from them...Again I will say to this point the cs team has been better than average, so kudos to them, I am just hoping that my unit was a lemon and I will recieve a new replacement... if not I will go back to using thermapen and continue to probe for doneness... I havent missed a beat since I got the Maverick just thought it would make life easier....:doh: I was wrong:mad2:

I had a failed probe on the new Maverick. They needed the failed one back, so I'm out of luck for a while until a new one arrives. I like companies that just send you the new item and then ask for the old one back. This didn't happen with Maverick.

I'm also not crazy about the relatively low temp limits on the probes. Great if you're smoking at 225 for 7 hours, but if you're just wanting to monitor things at higher temps, you'll burn out the low temp probes. Seems like the pit probe was good to 450?

I just ordered a high temp double probe setup from ThermoWorks. I can now monitor anything up to 2200. No more burned out probes. It's not a remote unit like the Maverick, but the probes won't poop out.

Back