Embers tv???

I guess I just don't understand where all the hate comes from. The way I see it, it takes a ton of work (and money) to create good content and grow a channel. The ones who have grown big enough to do it full time and make their living off of it.... all I can say is congratulations! Because who doesn't dream about making a living off of doing what you love rather than working a miserable 9 to 5? Those that complain about it, I can't help but feel their hate is really just about the fact that whether they realize it or not, they're just jealous.

And I get it, there are those here that are very anti Youtube and there will be no changing their minds. No problem, to each his own, but guess what? There are a lot of people here that really enjoy it and find value in it. So I would not expect the subject to go away. I think the haters are just going to have to deal with the reality that like it or not, it's here to stay. What it really boils down to is if you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to watch it or to open threads about it. Sorry, not sorry.

But anyways.. I just got home from the office, and it's Tuesday, which means there's a new Chud video waiting for me and I think a new Joe Yim (Knox Ave. BBQ) video too!

I've been consistently consistent.

No hate, just gonna wait

Plus I was feeling poetically rhyme -ee

I've been consistently consistent.

No hate, just gonna wait

Plus I was feeling poetically rhyme -ee

I totally get it, and for the record I wasn't referring to this Embers TV stuff, just the general Youtube stuff. I'm not gonna hate on anyone making their living off content creation and taking sponsorships to help pay some of the video expenses such as meat etc.... but I also have no intention in paying for what I can get for free. As they say why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.... oh wait that refers to something else :laugh:

I totally get it, and for the record I wasn't referring to this Embers TV stuff, just the general Youtube stuff. I'm not gonna hate on anyone making their living off content creation and taking sponsorships to help pay some of the video expenses such as meat etc.... but I also have no intention in paying for what I can get for free. As they say why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.... oh wait that refers to something else :laugh:

I've been hooked on video smoke celebrities since Aaron Franklin og PBS. Before that general cooking. Emeril, graham Kerr, Martin Yan and down the line. My TV literally stayed on Food Network when all the different cooking shows, Alton, Ina, Semi Home made.

However, with exception of original Morimoto, after that I didn't enjoy the game show aspect of Food TV. I prefer the 12-15 minute YouTube over a wide variety of cooking types. Fark That's Delicious was really cool show.

I've been hooked on video smoke celebrities since Aaron Franklin og PBS. Before that general cooking. Emeril, graham Kerr, Martin Yan and down the line. My TV literally stayed on Food Network when all the different cooking shows, Alton, Ina, Semi Home made.

However, with exception of original Morimoto, after that I didn't enjoy the game show aspect of Food TV. I prefer the 12-15 minute YouTube over a wide variety of cooking types. Fark That's Delicious was really cool show.

Same. I used to love the Food Network, but not so much anymore. But, things change, nothing you can do. Reminds me of Mtv... it's had almost nothing to do with music in decades. Oh well.... it is what it is.

Speaking of BBQ with Franklin on PBS, did you notice he's brought that channel back from the dead? He just posted a whole hog video on that channel today :biggrin1:

Same. I used to love the Food Network, but not so much anymore. But, things change, nothing you can do. Reminds me of Mtv... it's had almost nothing to do with music in decades. Oh well.... it is what it is.

Speaking of BBQ with Franklin on PBS, did you notice he's brought that channel back from the dead? He just posted a whole hog video on that channel today :biggrin1:

Hadn't seen it. I'll check it out

Yay

Yeah, I've been catching these....

I never saw the original PBS episodes....so, this is really a fun thing to watch!!

C

I signed up for a year. Hell it's only $42 with the discount from Mad Scientist. If they do what they say and get some real content and talent developed in the coming year, I think it will be cool....As it exists today (basically a collection of YouTube videos), it will die.

To each their own opinion........

report back?

I signed up for a year. Hell it's only $42 with the discount from Mad Scientist. If they do what they say and get some real content and talent developed in the coming year, I think it will be cool....As it exists today (basically a collection of YouTube videos), it will die.

If you could, please report back here your thoughts on how they do!!

Thanks in advance,
C

Warming oven?

Here’s link to my YouTube channel. It’s mostly fire management and how I use the stack damper to move the hot spot. I did about 30 briskets cooks in a 6 month span when making a few of the videos.

https://youtube.com/@smokescouts?si=CfNeHeaSLAdWqjQq

Hey, thanks for the link..I checked it out and commented there.

Good content!!

Quick question...is this the warming oven you were using?

https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Combination-Countertop-Convection-Professional/dp/B09BDNHJ39/

Thanks in advance,

C

Hey, thanks for the link..I checked it out and commented there.

Good content!!

Quick question...is this the warming oven you were using?

https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Combination-Countertop-Convection-Professional/dp/B09BDNHJ39/

Thanks in advance,

C

Thank you!

Yes, I have the Anova Precision Oven. It's really pricey at $700 on the Anova site, but they often run 20% off coupons. I actually got mine on Facebook Marketplace for $275, so if anyone is ever interested always look there first. I don't think I could justify paying full price, however I really like and recommend it.

I can fit two cooked briskets in there. It has moisture control, so you can cook with 0% - 100% steam. I hold my briskets with 50% steam at a steady 142.0 the entire rest period. It has a built in probe, so for pork butts, once I wrap and take off the smoker, I put in the probe, and once IT hits 205ish, I can change the oven to the warm setting on my phone app even if I'm not home.

A lot of people buy them for the ability to make homemade bread varieties as steam is need for that. It's great for warming up left overs too.

If you could, please report back here your thoughts on how they do!!

Thanks in advance,
C

Will do! I put a reminder on my calendar the day I signed up.....It's one of things I hate most about the streaming stuff. You have to agree to automatic re-up off the bat. I will not be doing that. If I like it fine, but I'm 50/50 on it at the most right now.

That being said, I piss away more money than that on less, so I don't feel it's all that expensive. Netflix is about to be on the chopping block at $27 a month, LOL. :loco:

So you payed $42/yr for this service, but not donated to this forum?

Last edited:
So you payed $42/yr for this service, but not donated to this forum?

Correct, same as you.....pot calling the kettle black. If it was a requirement I'd probably do it. I've not seen anyone saying this place is dying and needs funds either.

You know I'm not surprised that you have something smart to say. I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever seen a positive comment from you on this forum. You sure are one heck of a keyboard commando. Keep on fighting the good fight dude.:clap2::thumb:

Correct, same as you.....pot calling the kettle black. If it was a requirement I'd probably do it. I've not seen anyone saying this place is dying and needs funds either.

You know I'm not surprised that you have something smart to say. I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever seen a positive comment from you on this forum. You sure are one heck of a keyboard commando. Keep on fighting the good fight dude.:clap2::thumb:

giphy.gif

Back