THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Love my wife ... she surprised me with 2 gifts ... she figured I'd see them before Father's Day so why wait! heheh

First Gift - new newly released Texas BBQ book about Texas BBQ joints and Texas BBQ across: "The Prophets of Smoked Meat - A journey through Texas Barbeque" by Daniel Vaughn. So far I am enjoying the read.

IMG_20130602_244900_690_zps45f85523.jpg

And the 2nd gift was just as awesome. She new I needed a new Apron and had asked her to make me one (she has mad sewing skills) but when she saw the ThinkGeek flyer she apparently decided a Tactical Apron was the apron for me. Comfy, cool, and so far as I can tell effective. *The blur bottom left corner is my Siberian Husky who approved of the new apron.

2013060195195257_2_zpsad8525ff.jpg

When I read the title I thought you were gunna tell us you got lucky last night (but then again why would that get posted in Q Talk).

I guess not everybody is like me...the wife tells me if it's not father's day, Christmas, or my birthday, I'm just plain out of luck!:doh:

I spent some time familiarizing myself with the apron - I LOVE THE THING! Have a place for my nitril gloves, tons, a couple different small bottles of dry rub, hooked up a small carabiner so I could clip on a spritzing bottle when needed, also holds tongs and spatulas nicely. Totally love this thing. The book is a good read too.

I spent some time familiarizing myself with the apron - I LOVE THE THING! Have a place for my nitril gloves, tons, a couple different small bottles of dry rub, hooked up a small carabiner so I could clip on a spritzing bottle when needed, also holds tongs and spatulas nicely. Totally love this thing. The book is a good read too.

Cup holder?.....
Very nice gift, happy early Fathers Day.

Back