Early Father's Day gifts from the wife :)

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Love my wife ... she surprised me with 2 gifts ... she figured I'd see them before Father's Day so why wait! heheh

First Gift - new newly released Texas BBQ book about Texas BBQ joints and Texas BBQ across: "The Prophets of Smoked Meat - A journey through Texas Barbeque" by Daniel Vaughn. So far I am enjoying the read.

IMG_20130602_244900_690_zps45f85523.jpg

And the 2nd gift was just as awesome. She new I needed a new Apron and had asked her to make me one (she has mad sewing skills) but when she saw the ThinkGeek flyer she apparently decided a Tactical Apron was the apron for me. Comfy, cool, and so far as I can tell effective. *The blur bottom left corner is my Siberian Husky who approved of the new apron.

2013060195195257_2_zpsad8525ff.jpg

When I read the title I thought you were gunna tell us you got lucky last night (but then again why would that get posted in Q Talk).

I guess not everybody is like me...the wife tells me if it's not father's day, Christmas, or my birthday, I'm just plain out of luck!:doh:

I spent some time familiarizing myself with the apron - I LOVE THE THING! Have a place for my nitril gloves, tons, a couple different small bottles of dry rub, hooked up a small carabiner so I could clip on a spritzing bottle when needed, also holds tongs and spatulas nicely. Totally love this thing. The book is a good read too.

I spent some time familiarizing myself with the apron - I LOVE THE THING! Have a place for my nitril gloves, tons, a couple different small bottles of dry rub, hooked up a small carabiner so I could clip on a spritzing bottle when needed, also holds tongs and spatulas nicely. Totally love this thing. The book is a good read too.

Cup holder?.....
Very nice gift, happy early Fathers Day.

Back