Do you have one? What’s the pros and cons??

I have one of these: www.finamill.com

It works pretty well with peppercorns but has some problems with the Himalayan rock salt they carry at my usual grocery store. It's nice to be able to easily swap the pods and grind multiple spices one handed but the pod capacity is a little small and adjusting the grind size can be painful with my arthritic hands.

What do you mean what do I mean?

Hmm, thanks for the feedback on those jr.

Maybe a cap or cover may help? Do others who have these flip-types have this problem?

I live in N Florida about a 15-min ride to the gulf and salt marshes, so my environment may be more humid than others that have these and have used them with success.

Maybe a cap or cover may help? Do others who have these flip-types have this problem?

I live in N Florida about a 15-min ride to the gulf and salt marshes, so my environment may be more humid than others that have these and have used them with success.

The oils in black pepper is volatile and evaporates quickly. Keeping peppercorns whole keeps more of the oils intact until they're ground for use. Freshly ground has a much sharper bite then what you'll find in pre-ground. However, if the pre-ground is of good quality, you'll still get a pepper undertone with an earthy note, but the sharpness is missing. It's that bite that many of us black pepper fans enjoy and it isn't the same without it.

One of my favorite things is fresh ground black pepper on plain large curd cottage cheese. To the point that the cottage cheese is no longer white.

I recommend a burr coffee grinder, more expensive then the blade style grinders but will give you a consistent grind from fine to course. You should be able to get a decent one for $75 to $100 bucks.

Oh!

............................... bet they sweep the floors at the end of the day and dump it in the bucket.

And bars save the partial mugs of beer and put them back in the kegs for tomorrow's customers.:thumb::laugh:

Back