THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wow, great thread. I'm encouraged, I can see something like this really working out in my area as well. Start small, see what the demand is, and start adding and adding. Thanks for sharing!

wow, great thread. I'm encouraged, I can see something like this really working out in my area as well. Start small, see what the demand is, and start adding and adding. Thanks for sharing!

If you want to know any more please shoot me an email. Today was a success, too. Made and sold 45 racks of spares by 10:50AM. (beef ribs looked less than perfect...too small....so I didn't buy any of them). Only 3 weeks left at the market, then it's time to plan for next spring/summer. Got a way bigger smoker out of a 275 gallon oil tank planned...or possibly 250 or 500 gallon propane tanks. If anyone has diagrams or pics of the best way to maximize the cooking area in those tanks I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.....

Last edited:
Dan, awesome thread, very encouraging, I've been mulling over some of these same possibilities in my area. Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Dan, I spent 2 1/2 hours in the wee hours of this morning working out some financial considerations. I'm heading down this path, you and many other brethren are to thank/ blame lol. See above vending smoker question for more :) thanks again and God bless you and your business.

Dan, I spent 2 1/2 hours in the wee hours of this morning working out some financial considerations. I'm heading down this path, you and many other brethren are to thank/ blame lol. See above vending smoker question for more :) thanks again and God bless you and your business.

You're not the only one.

Last day at the farmer's market was this past Thursday. Burned through 45 racks of spares and 4 racks of beef ribs by 10:30AM. If you have a farmer's market where you live I'd suggest trying to figure out how to get into it....and not just because you can make money. It's a very rewarding feeling to have people come up to your stand and say not only is your bbq is good but they want more of it...:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Dan, Did you work solo or have help selling?
How and what kind of deal did you work out with the market?

Congrats Dan!!! thanks to this thread I'm looking a lot harder at the rules and regs for my area and do the same thing!

Awesome job! Definately need to take that money you made and buy yourself a nice Backwoods or Stumps or something.

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I'm looking at a used 500 gallon propane tank build. 3 rack levels and a reverse flow is what I'm thinking. I have a buddy that is really handy with metal work and wants to make my smoker in exchange for bbq....:biggrin1::biggrin1:

I had my mom helping me with the money, etc. I think I can trust her...and she works for nothing...:biggrin1:

Awesome, Dan!

I'm going to live vicariously through you - all the fun you're having cooking and the satisfaction of a job well done. sounds like you are getting quite a workout every week. I only wish I could make ribs as consistently every time I make them - and there you are cranking out 50 racks in a MORNING!! Wish you all the best and success for your venture.

Back