Did my first farmers market...and sold out

Bigmista works the so cal farmers markets around here. I bet he would be more then happy to give you advice on what to cook and how much, etc. congrats on your first big day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in stealth mode.

congratulations when you were sold out did you give them flyers where they can find you? to get fans any thoughts about how much meat you prepared prior to going?

http://thebarbecuemaster.net

Man...this site is full of the greatest people around....really caring and full of great ideas. The only thing I had to give out as my business card. Since I'm only dialed into the kitchen at the market...and only for the one day a week...I don't have a lot of options for cooking on other days.

I asked some people in the food industry how much they thought I should start with. I'm upping it by about half for this week...and keeping my fingers crossed..:mrgreen::mrgreen:

How did you sell them, by the slab or by the piece???

Started selling just by the rack. Figured if I didn't give any other options....and nobody complained...I'd be a lot better off. About half way through a little old lady asked if she could buy just a half and I said sure sweetheart. Sold the other half very quietly but did not offer anyone else the option of half a rack. Going to keep it that way......at least until people start bitchin'....:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Prolly was a wise decison to offer 1/2 rack since a rack would be too much for a single family. But I prolly charge a little extra for 1/2 rack

I bump my half-rack price $1.50, with no complaints

I did the market again today. 24 racks this time up from the original 15 racks. Market opened at 8:30AM and....I sold out at 9:30AM....:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Holy crap....I can't believe it. BTW....I'm not offering half racks anymore. Had one lady ask for a half so I said sure. Nobody else the rest of the time asked for a half rack.
I had people coming up to me pissed they missed out . I told them they can pre-order...or get there earlier. Gonna try 33 racks next week. My 4 drums are going to get quite a workout next week....:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Sounds great. I have been telling a buddy of mine ribs are the way to go for vending. Glad you are experiencing the success you are having.

I did the market again today. 24 racks this time up from the original 15 racks. Market opened at 8:30AM and....I sold out at 9:30AM....:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Holy crap....I can't believe it. BTW....I'm not offering half racks anymore. Had one lady ask for a half so I said sure. Nobody else the rest of the time asked for a half rack.
I had people coming up to me pissed they missed out . I told them they can pre-order...or get there earlier. Gonna try 33 racks next week. My 4 drums are going to get quite a workout next week....:biggrin1::biggrin1:

What are you charging? Maybe it could be a little higher! :mrgreen:

yea... and take a picture of 50 racks on your drums... I would love to see what this looks like.

-Jeep

Back