THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm going be Judging the Brethen contest that weekend
Good luck all the Brethren teams competing at Dover!!

Sully,

You are more than welcome to make the Polocks site your home base before and after the judging if you wish.
Polocks Baaahhhbeque !!!Polocks Baaahhhbeque !!!Polocks Baaahhhbeque !!!:cool:

Sully,

You are more than welcome to make the Polocks site your home base before and after the judging if you wish.
under the microscope that will be sayville i would advise that judges hang after the judging only, just a thought

Baaahhhbeque!! Baaahhhbeque!! Baaahhhbeque!!

Many thanx for the invite to hang with you guys.
after judging I will surely be bye... Don't
want to get in trouble for being to friendly
with any teams before turn in.. I am looking forward to
eating some great Q at the Brethren contest.

Best of luck to all the Brethren teams cooking
Dover.. Extra luck to Brenden with your Marathon
BBQ weekend.. Do Nebs proud!!!!!

Sully,

Really looking forward to this one. Getting back into it after a few events off. I'm bringing the little one Friday to hang out, so stop by for a drink!!!

Dover weather
Friday, Oct 19
06.gif

High: 75 °F RealFeel®: 71 °F
Mostly cloudy with a little rain in the afternoon

Friday Night, Oct 19
18.gif

Low: 56 °F RealFeel®: 54 °F
Rainy

Forecast Details | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast
Saturday, Oct 20
06.gif

High: 70 °F RealFeel®: 66 °F
Mostly cloudy with a shower in the afternoon

Saturday Night, Oct 20
18.gif

Low: 36 °F RealFeel®: 32 °F
Rain

I love doing weather updates, especially these "predictions" since they say it is gonna be beautiful i am packing my snow shovel

arrow_red_down.gif

Friday, Oct 19
03.gif

High: 81 °F RealFeel®: 78 °F
Very warm with partial sunshine

Friday Night, Oct 19
07.gif

Low: 61 °F RealFeel®: 63 °F
Mild with considerable cloudiness

Forecast Details | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast

Saturday, Oct 20
07.gif

High: 76 °F RealFeel®: 72 °F
Cloudy

Saturday Night, Oct 20
34.gif

Low: 55 °F RealFeel®: 53 °F
Mostly clear

I rec'd a letter dated 10/9 that stated:
"You must be in the gate, unloaded and parked by 9:30 AM. No exceptions! Could this be a mistake??
But a previuos letter Stated:
-Registration & meat inspection 8am-6pm
-Set up immediately following
Has anyone else heard this??

I rec'd a letter dated 10/9 that stated:
"You must be in the gate, unloaded and parked by 9:30 AM. No exceptions! Could this be a mistake??
But a previuos letter Stated:
-Registration & meat inspection 8am-6pm
-Set up immediately following
Has anyone else heard this??
I did not receive that second one yet but have heard about it from vinny. I was not planning on getting there until about noon on friday so that would change things

That letter was weird, but I did not think much of it as I am staying in the hotel on Thurs night.

I really can't imagine that they expect all 81 teams to arrive and check in by 9:30 on the first day of the contest that does not contain grilling events on Day 1.

Someone needs to call or e-mail Melinda or Fred tomorrow to confirm..

I spoke to Melinda right after I received the letter, she said the letter is talking about Saturday. She told me that we could come and go anytime on Friday. After I hung up with her, I began to think, when can we leave on Saturday, is there any limitations about leaving? as in, right after the awards? I will be calling her back on Monday for some clarification.

Sled, you are killin me with these early weather forecasts, they have a hard time telling us what its gonna do tommorow, I am with you, they say clear, i am lookin for a snow shovel!

Thanks for the info.
Good luck to all. Hope to meet some of you there. I will be with Double Barrel BBQ.

I'm coming out to play afterall. I'll be cooking with the guy I cooked with in Bel Air. I hope we have the same results !!!

Thanks sully... We need all the luck we can get.

People can pull out of the lot on Saturday after 5pm... that was the last I was told from Melinda. If you want to leave before that, you need to park outside the contest area, and then carry your stuff.

-B

Anyone who cooked this contest last year remember if a wireless internet connection was available? thanks.

Back