Diamond State BBQ Champ - 10/19-20 Dover, DE (KCBS)

Whats wrong with the times? Makes it more of a challenge. Should be mixed up. Keep us on our toes. Arent you guys bored of the same old thing?

Except for starting a half hour early; No. Brisket's gonna get a half-hour less rest time, butts a little more. I like the 2pm awards. Will the reps be able to compute results in an hour? That might change too...

The 2PM awards was put into place so that me and transformer can collect our awards and get back to long island ASAP

can any past dover competitors give me an idea of how far the walk from your site to where you park your vehicles is? I have to carry all of my equipment out after the last turn in so i can make back up here for the wedding so waiting till after awards is not an option. I wil be travelling lite but even the then i it still take me a few trips.If any team has family or friends that could help me breakdown and carry stuff it would be greatly appreciated its only gonna be me and my son

Steve, depending on what you're towing, you should be able to fit your car onsite. Each site has a concrete pad on which NASCAR teams park their buses as well as a grass strip.

Jon,

I like your new logo. Patrick did a nice job.

Jon, Your new logo does look good. He does a great job and is awesome to work with. We must have done about 10 revisions - probably drove him crazy. He will make an icon for you (just the picture without the name) if you want to use that as an avatar instead..??

Dover has us confused too. Wonder why they're changing things. I just hope that they make it clear if they make any additional changes. As for the judging area, I think they're going to have it a little more centrally located this year.

can any past dover competitors give me an idea of how far the walk from your site to where you park your vehicles is? I have to carry all of my equipment out after the last turn in so i can make back up here for the wedding so waiting till after awards is not an option. I wil be travelling lite but even the then i it still take me a few trips.If any team has family or friends that could help me breakdown and carry stuff it would be greatly appreciated its only gonna be me and my son

Yes, you should be able to park right at your site.

i wont be able to leave so i think i have to park outside the contest

Oh, I see what you mean. I would call Melinda and ask - then you'll know for sure what options you have. Brian judged Dover last year and where we parked wasn't too far from the sites - but it's a different story when you have to lug stuff. If you have to park outside the site area, I would suggest packing up as much as you can in the morning and just keeping the bare minimum stuff at your site. -- good luck and we'll see you there.

Donna

If you need a hand lugging anything, stop by and let us know.(spot #63)

Sled-
We should be between 2-4 people depending on who lives up to their claims. We're hoping to park in our site and leave right after awards in Dover...

Either way, our entire team will help you out if you need to get stuff carried somewhere... not sure what site we're in, but please come by an intorduce yourself. (We'll be the lang 60 + blue weber + blue F-250 + white 10x10 site).

-B

Thanks guys, i did speak to melinda and she is the one who suggested i park outside because they will not allow me to leave early due to pedestrians.

Just got this list:
SmokinSwine
Bad Dog BarBQue
Pork & Dean BBQ
Philly Blind Pig BBQ
Serial Grillers
Free Range BBQ
Up In Smoke
Transformer BBQ
Pennsylvania Posse
Buttrub.com
Bovine and Swine
Double Barrel BBQ
Hardy's Divine BBQ
Team Urban Burners
Lost Nation Smoke Company
Dixie Bones BBQ
JD's Smokin Misfits
Back Porch BBQ
Jerry Elliott BBQ
Christmas City BBQ
Bad Bones BBQ Crew
Ben's Extreme Team
Hoff Daddy's BBQ
Pequea Pullers
Butt A Bing BBQ
Pigstatic BarBQue
Guts Smokehouse
Ique
Henri's "Hotts" BBQ
Who are those guys
PA Midnite Smoker
White Dog BBQ
Anglesea Barbecue
The Senator
Smokey Bottom Boys
Linkin Pork
Mutha Chicken BBQ
Baba and the Pigman
Chez Pavillion
Beer Buddies BBQ
Pig Pen BBQ
Smokey T's Pit Crew
Tarheel Smokers
Pot Belly BBQ
Lazy River Barbecue
Pine Grove Burnt Ends
Lo-N-Slo
Smokers Delight
Three P's Cooking Team
Fat Angel BBQ
Hidden Fire
Chix, Swine & Bovine BBQ
Texas Pit Crew
The Redneck Pit Krew
Wide Spread BBQ
Brick Beach BBQ
BBQ Brothers
Pig Headed BBQ
GrandadsBBQ
Smokin Triggers
The BBQ Guru
3EY2BBQ
Susquehanna Blue Smoke
South Shore Smokers

Your the man Brendan that's a lot of
driving then BBQ then more driving and
even more BBQ best of luck my friend
The BBQ bug as got you hard..
Have a great time

Received am email the the turn in order has been corrected to:
11:30 Chicken,12:00Ribs,12:30Pork,1:00Brisket.
Changed again:

Dear Competitors:

The new times are: chicken 11:30am, ribs 12:00pm, beef brisket 12:30pm, pork 1:00pm.

Thank you,

Melinda Fantozzi

Back