Cured meats, hot dogs etc... Is it only me?

I am going to continue to eat what i like... I do not believe half of what i read...
They wind up reneging on everything bout half the time anyway... Got to have me a potted meat Sammie with a little mayo.. Or my body would go into shock ..

If potted meat is going to kill you then it's going to kill me too. My kids call it cat food but I love it. :loco:

Lies, Damn lies and then there are Statistics.
To put the news into perspective, the CDC says the rate of colorectal cancer in IN is 39.1-42.3 per 100,000 people. That is approximatley a .0004 chance of the average person being diagnosed with the disease. The WHO report concludes a 14 to 17 percent increase in the chance being diagnosed with consumption of red and cured meats. Let's round up to a 20 percent increase or .00048.
Eat healthy, source food as close as you can and BBQ with gusto!

Oh man!! I'm gonna have to check this place out! Have you bought anything from them? do you make your own sausages?

I buy sausage seasonings, spices, and casings all the time. Their sausage seasoning mixes and jerky seasoning kits are great and easy to use. I have bought some equipment from them like bacon hangers, netting for hams and roasts, an apple peeler/corer, and a cabbage shredder to make sauerkraut and coleslaw, but if you shop the web you can find cheaper prices on some equipment like grinders and stuffers elsewhere.

My grinder and my sausage stuffer I bought directly from Weston on a sale with free shipping.

Whaaaat!!!! The Salmon is even better.... WhT in the world did you eat when you were out on the river trot lining and jug fishing
That is what the small Hibachi was for, grilling up tacos and stuff. Plus, there was always rice balls and chicken teriyaki

In part, I learned to cook in self-defense against canned fish parts. If my mom was too tired, or sick, she would let my dad handle dinner, and he would serve canned sardines or tuna sandwiches. I complained, mom said either eat what you are served or cook dinner for everyone and let dad and mom rest. The writing was on the wall.

It's funny you said that. I found myself doing the exact same thing at the grocery store. I believe like most people on this site moderation is key. The thing that bothers me most is second guessing whether or not to fire up the smoker on the weekends.

Back