THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandwich looks fantastic Sako, I've always used Pork Loin, never thought to season a Butt, duh. :doh:

Well I brought lunch to work, but I may have to run to Porto's and get a somewhat approximate sammich. As good as theirs are, I'm sure yours are better - but, as stated by others - with pickles!

Nice scenery too! Porto's usually has good scenery as well, but of a different kind.

Fantastic all around - the setting the food, all that!

Wow, that looks incredible! What I.T. did you take your butt to on the smoker? Looks like you cooked it perfectly

No Pickles? I would still eat it though.:-D Great work!

Thanks Josh!

It's a must but I forgot it and was lazy to go down to the general store in town to get some. Plus a few beers in.:becky:

Great Sammich neighbor. I would destroy one of those!

Thanks neighbor! Ended up eating a huge portion of it so devour, yes.:biggrin1:

another great cook/post, Sako. I haven't had a Cuban in a long time. That looks farkin delicious! I do like the pickles on it, but I would have still devoured that.

Thanks Marty forgot the pickles. :cry:

That Cuban looks mighty tasty. Never thought to use a mandolin to slice lunch meat! Pure genius.

Thanks! Yeah when push comes to shove..:becky:

Sandwich looks fantastic Sako, I've always used Pork Loin, never thought to season a Butt, duh. :doh:

Thanks Kevin!

I do use loin at times but pork butt just takes it to another level.

I have the 2017 non Mega cab version in pearl white. I traded my 2006 mega cab in for it, but I have to admit miss that extra space found in the mega.

The Mega Cab and the Cummins sold me. Love the huge space in the MC for cargo and people. 4 people sit in the back comfortably. :laugh:

Yes PLEASE! On another note, how do you like that Ram? Been eye ballin’ a 2017 thats for sale here....Im due for an upgrade

Thank you!

I absolutely love it. It's a great truck and I have 0 regrets. I had the option of going Chevy/GMC 2500, Ford F250 but chose RAM for the Cummins and the Mega Cab. The ease and maintenance of a Cummins is hard to beat plus the interiors, fit and finish, technology of RAM's have come a loooooong way. Mine is an 18 and just turned 1 year. I put 20k miles already and it's been an awesome so far.

I say go for it. It's the first time I left the Chevy brand but super pleased with my choice.

Well I brought lunch to work, but I may have to run to Porto's and get a somewhat approximate sammich. As good as theirs are, I'm sure yours are better - but, as stated by others - with pickles!

Nice scenery too! Porto's usually has good scenery as well, but of a different kind.

Fantastic all around - the setting the food, all that!

:laugh:

Thanks Greg! I do like Porto's and the scenery there. Great minds think alike. Before I read to the end of your comment I started busting up. :laugh::laugh:

Wow, that looks incredible! What I.T. did you take your butt to on the smoker? Looks like you cooked it perfectly
Thank you! I took it to 185*. I'm somewhere between 180 to 185 when I want to slice a butt.

YUM I love a good Cuban Sammie Its been a long time since I have had one

Thanks George! They're fairly easy to make at home and of course better. :thumb:

Yur killin' me Sako ..... ineresting how you "planned" to get stuck ....

Thanks Mike! Well I debated so long whether to get back or not then CHP closed off the 5.:laugh:

That's one fine looking sammich, Sako!

Thanks Richard!!

Back