Costco - KitchenAid Stand Mixer

BruceB

is one Smokin' Farker
Costco has a KitchenAid 6qt. Professional Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer, 590watt motor, 10spd, stainless steel bowl, for a member only price of $269......what say you, good deal?

Never owned a Kitchen Aid before. Thanks!

Mixers are good. blenders on the other hand are junk. We have a supply of rubber connectors that shread up on froozen drinks. And large appliances are complete junk.13 major repairs on the dish washer and a double oven that has a desigh flaw that one oven temp over rides the other.But the mixers are good

Yes great price, you will not be disappointed... By chance something goes wrong or you are not happy Costco customer service will make it right.

Yeah, I love my kitchen aid stand mixer. It's one of those kitchen tools that you'd have to pry from my cold, dead hands.

Costco has a KitchenAid 6qt. Professional Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer, 590watt motor, 10spd, stainless steel bowl, for a member only price of $269......what say you, good deal?

Never owned a Kitchen Aid before. Thanks!

We have a Kitchen Aid mixer and love it. That sounds like a good price, I would get it.

Mixers are good. blenders on the other hand are junk. We have a supply of rubber connectors that shread up on froozen drinks. And large appliances are complete junk.13 major repairs on the dish washer and a double oven that has a desigh flaw that one oven temp over rides the other.But the mixers are good

I had the same problem with KA appliances(large) double ovens and dishwasher and French door Fridge/Freezer,stand alone under counter ice maker.I bought their "Top of the Line",,,,, pure junk,horrible customer service and less than knowledgeable techs.Pure JUNK!!! I have a KA mixer that is a beast though and it has seen heavy duty service for several years.

I have one in the basement we got for our wedding almost 17 yrs ago. Probably used it less than 5 times.

I did a lot of research before buying a mixer recently. Most people love their KAs and it's a very good product. A lot depends on what you plan to do with it. The biggest beef that you'll run across is problems with heavy doughs (motor overheating, dough climbing the hook). There was a problem for a time with plastic gear housings but this has been corrected. Like a lot of products, manufacturer changes (Kitchenaid no longer made by Hobart which still makes heavy duty and expensive commercial mixers) will have some claim older KAs were better machines.

Almost everything suggested a very good product with good customer service which most people love but maybe not the ideal choice if your primary goal is bread making. Since that was my primary goal, I managed to find a used Electrolux/Ankarsrum that didn't break the bank which I love.

I did a lot of research before buying a mixer recently. Most people love their KAs and it's a very good product. A lot depends on what you plan to do with it. The biggest beef that you'll run across is problems with heavy doughs (motor overheating, dough climbing the hook). There was a problem for a time with plastic gear housings but this has been corrected. Like a lot of products, manufacturer changes (Kitchenaid no longer made by Hobart which still makes heavy duty and expensive commercial mixers) will have some claim older KAs were better machines.

Almost everything suggested a very good product with good customer service which most people love but maybe not the ideal choice if your primary goal is bread making. Since that was my primary goal, I managed to find a used Electrolux/Ankarsrum that didn't break the bank which I love.

There are 2 versions of the kitchen aid stand mixer.

The artisan tilt head is smaller with a weaker motor that struggles with dough. Most of us have the more powerful bowl lift model

I was going to say at one time there may have been only one version of the stand mixer, but now, I got the impression that there is multiple versions depending on the store selling it, and the cost reflects the quality

that said, I think Ive used our stand mixer for grinding meat more than the wife has ever used it for anything else

I have one in the basement we got for our wedding almost 17 yrs ago. Probably used it less than 5 times.

Right, but is that because it didn't work/perform how you wanted it or you simply don't use it because you don't need it? :biggrin1:

I think performance reviews are more of what the OP was looking for :loco:

My wife loves hers from costco. First one had a defect and took it back with no questions asked (great costco service). She has the 6 quart glass bowl model and it works awesome.

Right, but is that because it didn't work/perform how you wanted it or you simply don't use it because you don't need it? :biggrin1:

I think performance reviews are more of what the OP was looking for :loco:

My wife loves hers from costco. First one had a defect and took it back with no questions asked (great costco service). She has the 6 quart glass bowl model and it works awesome.

Yeah, more no need. Don't bake regularly, don't grind meat, don't make pizza dough. For the few times a year we make mashed potatoes we have a hand mixer. Once a year or so the wife decides to bake cookies with the kids and gets out the contraption.

Rest of the time it sits in that closet next to the bread machine, pasta maker, rice steamer, fondue pot, fajita maker, ice cream maker, juicer, chocolate fountain, and every other gadget my wife HAD to own but never uses.

I could sell them all and buy a really nice smoker I'd use a couple times a month.

Lift bowl = good
Artisan = bad

Love ours and I've been doing more bread making recently so it has been put to more use then just when the wife bakes.

We started with the artisan and put a hurting on it. We've since upgraded to their bottom line commercial mixer. We use ours all the time and love it. In the last 15 hours, it's made pizza dough, 2 cakes, and I don't even want to know how many batches of buttercream frosting.

Back