Soooo, how did you get your start?

I have always had a grill around but became interested in smoking meat when I moved from TX to San Diego many years ago and couldn't find good BBQ.

I started with a used small Cookshack electric smoker, moved to a big pellet smoker (FEC-100) and then, last year, finally bit the bullet and bought a huge offset (Klose 20x60 BYC). I still have all three smokers in the rotation and decide which to use based on the time I have to manage things and the size of the cook. All put out excellent BBQ.

If I had a bigger yard like some of y'all, I'd have me a trailer smoker right quick just for the heck of it. :)

I learned on my own. POS Brinkman. Many meteorites on that smoker.

brinkmann_cookn_cajun_II_300pix.jpg

My father grilled steak on Saturday and Chicken every Sunday onm the Weber. He had the best chicken. When the weather was really bad he would use the indoor fireplace. When I moved out of my parents house and grilled my own food. Had a little Hibatchi- it was awesome then a Weber. Did not get a gas grill for several years. Got into competition after my wife got me a Chargriller offset. My oldest son told me to adjust my pantyhose and pull up my skirt and lets compete- we did and it was fun. Done doing Comps. Have a Large BGE that I use for grilling and smoking, a Weber gasser and a Blackstone Flattop Still a lot of fun

Back