Costco Kamado

So it had a 2 tier rack included as well, nice.

Chinese or not, still a great price for a ceramic cooker of that size.

Sorry, I stopped by BBQ galore today after work just to browse around. They had an XL BGE.. the one at Costco is definitely not that size. More like a large BGE, although I remember it looking bigger, diameter wise.

I think that is the same as the GourmetPot kamado: http://www.gourmetpots.com/grills

For that price, I would think it'd have to be a Large and not XL.

Pretty weird but they may be the same grill. The color, side tables and that 2nd rack I saw gives it away. I don't have a ceramic grill, but if I did, a good warranty or a generous return policy would be a must. It's not like these ceramic pieces are easily replaceable.

Costco does ship some items (like this) to the warehouses based on locations/demographics. They usually make the regional items available via Costco.com
Shipping is frequently free ALL items can be returned to a local warehouse if unsatisfied.
It is not uncommon to see some items returned after seasonal use or even food that was overbought for a party.
There was a change in electronic returns several years back. Every year we still see a few big screen TV's come back after the Superbowl is over.
If a member truly abuses the returns (or employees) they have been known to receive a refund for their membership and asked not to return.

Costco bungee employee since 2004

Bought One ; Like It

My son-in-law and I each bought one of these on 5 March at a COSTCO in Austin, TX. They're doing great for both of us and the Vision Grills customer service is wonderful. I ruined one of my two drop down shelves getting the stuck plastic/paper information label off and Vision Grills sent me a new one FEDEX for free to replace it. They only asked me to return the ruined one. Wow!

I've used BGE's and Primo's before and the Vision Kamando is only different in that the top vent is a slider, sorta like a Weber but better, and it doesn't allow as much air through it as the BGE or Primo which can be completely, fully opened. Therefore, it doesn't heat up quite as fast, which is OK because the temperature won't get away from you so fast.

At about $800.00 less than a similar BGE set-up it's a bargain.

My son-in-law and I each bought one of these on 5 March at a COSTCO in Austin, TX. They're doing great for both of us and the Vision Grills customer service is wonderful. I ruined one of my two drop down shelves getting the stuck plastic/paper information label off and Vision Grills sent me a new one FEDEX for free to replace it. They only asked me to return the ruined one. Wow!

I've used BGE's and Primo's before and the Vision Kamando is only different in that the top vent is a slider, sorta like a Weber but better, and it doesn't allow as much air through it as the BGE or Primo which can be completely, fully opened. Therefore, it doesn't heat up quite as fast, which is OK because the temperature won't get away from you so fast.

At about $800.00 less than a similar BGE set-up it's a bargain.

I'm not sure where you priced the BGE but if you look around you'll find that setup a lot cheaper than $1300.

Costco Traeger (BBQ07E)

I went to my local Costco on Sunday to buy the Vision Kamado grill; alas they apparently were sold out. There were several of them available at this Costco just 10 days ago.

To my surprise though, there was a Traeger roadshow going on. Moreover, it was the last day of the event. So instead of a Kamado, I walked out of the store with a new Lil Texas Elite. The grill price was $639.99. One thing missing is the Dome Thermometer, it needs to be purchased separate.

I also purchase 8 bags of pellets, these were priced at $13.99. Added a grill cover (nice) that cost $38.99.

I've been using a Santa Maria style grill for years. A huge drawback working with the SM grill is temp control. Yea, I've smoked on this devil. The Traeger should make things so much easier for me.

I have never used a Ceramic or Pellet Pooper before. Look forward to some tasty BBQ.

KG

I went to my local Costco on Sunday to buy the Vision Kamado grill; alas they apparently were sold out. There were several of them available at this Costco just 10 days ago.

To my surprise though, there was a Traeger roadshow going on. Moreover, it was the last day of the event. So instead of a Kamado, I walked out of the store with a new Lil Texas Elite. The grill price was $639.99. One thing missing is the Dome Thermometer, it needs to be purchased separate.

I also purchase 8 bags of pellets, these were priced at $13.99. Added a grill cover (nice) that cost $38.99.

I've been using a Santa Maria style grill for years. A huge drawback working with the SM grill is temp control. Yea, I've smoked on this devil. The Traeger should make things so much easier for me.

I have never used a Ceramic or Pellet Pooper before. Look forward to some tasty BBQ.

KG

That's quite a change in grill types, walked in looking for a kamado and walked out with a Traeger. I've never used a pellet grill, those are electric right?

Kamado vs Traeger Pellet

Sure, different styles. Yet each met my slow cooker objective.

The Traeger roadshow is a limited time event. I felt like I didn't want to miss the opportunity. The price was quite a nice discount on MSRP. Further, for slow cooking, I believe the Traeger provides a more refined temperature control mechanism than the kamado.

One factor with a ceramic that seems a limitation with a pellet grill is the higher temperature capability...think pizza. I guess I'll fore go that feature for a while longer, oh well.

KG

I saw this Kamado at costco also it is made by vision grills, the problem i see is that it only has a one year warrantee on the ceramics, and the fire box looks funky no ring, plus were do you get parts, I would like to have one but am nervouse, they have a
Childish web site plus where do I get accessories like the heat deflector
does anyone have advice about this Kamado

Well...after four months of use mine is working great. Hey, it seems to be a good product at a good price. BGE accessories fit it. I've found the Vision customer service to be wonderful (see previous post). If you want a longer warranty pay a lot more for a different product.

One area where the difference Kamado clones will differ from each other is how thick the ceramic walls actually are. There's a large difference between the wall thickness of the BGE vs the Kamado with the K kookers having a thicker wall which translates into better heat retention. I'm personally leary of any chinese products and what they contain -- not saying that this particular product is no good but some certainly are.

The day before I left to come to CO (June 22). My Costco in Eden Prairie recieved their shipment. didn't get to look at them. Standard return policy, some may disagree with the policy but it works well for the company.

Back