Coming to you LIVE Tonight! - My 2nd Brisket attempt on the Weber Kettle

I give props oh Midnight 'sun thingy' Smoker, I had not thought of that. I am sitting here laughing at bedpan and KKK burning brisket jokes. Geez. It's Saturday night, I should be getting laid.

Buy a mag, you old fark.

You know that the K on the charcoal actually stands for Kansas City, right? So, if all of the K's aren't facing KC you are fooling yourself.

KC = Mecca?!? I don't see a rug anywhere...

Whew!:eek: :thumb:

Well, after a long drawn out debate with myself, I decided it might be time to start the six coals. So I did. When they were about half lit, I had another debate with myself about whether or not I should add them yet, and the part of me that said I should add them now won.

Then I put the grate on and had another long drawn out battle while the coals continued to fire up a bit about whether or not to put the brisket on now, or later. Against the other voices better judgement, I decided to put it on now.

More to come as this thing gets to cooking!:thumb: That is as long as I can keep convincing myself to do so.

This is either; the sign of a master debater with ones selfs, being bipolar with separation issues, or the result of binge drinking and frog licking.

Do the voices only say ribbt?

Wow, what a nap...FARK! I hope the kettle's running OK!:eek:

Let's check that camera.

r_IMG_1607.jpg

Hmmm...maybe I'll go back to sleep.

This is either; the sign of a master debater with ones selfs, being bipolar with separation issues, or the result of binge drinking and frog licking.

Do the voices only say ribbt?
No, some of them say other things.

Not "UP" yet this morning, sure hope all those K's going the wrong direction didn't cause unwanted odor during the wee hours.

Nah, this isn't asparagus.:becky:

I halfway expected the coals to have started dying down by about now. So I spent a little time catching back up with the forums.

Here's the camera feed a half hour later.

r_IMG_1608.jpg

Looking under the lid.

r_IMG_1609.jpg

It looked like over half of the coals had been fully spent. so I shoved all of the coals to one side, and filled in the rest with unlit coals.

More to come!:thumb:

Half an hour after refueling and the temp looks like it's doing just fine.

r_IMG_1610.jpg

It's smelling good out there. Can't wait until this farking thing is done already.

The temp has settled in at 300*. I probed it with my Thermapen and it wasn't "like butta" yet. Just in case I wasn't using it right I pulled out a good old fashioned meat thermo to make sure, and it said it wasn't like butta either.

No live camera feed this time. I think a squirrel chewed through the wireless or something.

Let's check that camera and see if it's working now.

r_IMG_1611.jpg

FARK! The lid's off!:doh: Well, I might as well check for tenderness while it's open....nope, not ready yet.

Let's take a look at that camera feed.

r_IMG_1612.jpg

It finally hit probe tender. I have it resting in an aluminum pan right now. The camera can't penetrate the power of the aluminum however.

Looking tasty, Chris. I can already see a few things that I need to change in my method the next time I decide to do this.

For starters, I really need to get my K's lined up right...

Allright, let's get to slicing this baby up, shall we?:whoo:

Let's take a look at the camera.

r_IMG_1615.jpg

That appears to be the packer turned upside down, showing the side that was facing down during the entire cook. The point is on top on the left half of the packer. I imagine these two pieces of meat will be separated and sliced, let's take a look and see.

r_IMG_1617.jpg

Indeed that is the flat sliced into thick slices. Let's see if the point is ready yet.

r_IMG_1618.jpg

Wow! Sliced and chopped point! A win-win for my tummy!:whoo::hungry:

The part of the point I like most is on the ends where the meat meets the fat at the edge of the brisket so that the fat literally crisps up...it's the only thing better than burnt ends. Oh, wait, that's right, those ARE burnt ends!:cool:

Well, I'm going to shut down this transmission and go eat some brisket.

You could have cleaned up under that handle before doing all those close ups of it! Or better yet see Marty about some!

Now listen to thoses voices that are saying pull it :grin:
Landark is right its done when you want it to be!
(what happened to the puss ? MIA? Paper wrapped maybe? )

Back