Coleman Water Heater (on demand)

Water heater update. Let it charge overnight it still did not run but it did click for a couple seconds, then the low battery light would come on. Called costumer service got a different person this time. He told me the pump was bad and all I needed to do was cut the pump off from the hose and remove the control nob on the front and then after I receive instructions and paperwork on how to ship those parts back they will send a new unit no charge. After I receive the new one I was instructed to take a sledge hammer to the old unit and destroy it so no one will try and dig it out of the trash and attempt to fix it.

This proves my point, I am always telling my wife, if you don't like the first answer to a problem hang up and hope you get someone else. It almost always seems you will get a different answer every time.
Dave

I use an 18 gallon Rubbermade tote to transport the Coleman and use it for the resevoir. Cut a hole in the lid for the pump and usually end up refilling it once a weekend. The shower attachment is handy to have too!

I had a Zodi Camp shower heater, but its not on demand, I let a comp neighbor use it but he walked off and left it burning after he shut the water off, the thing was glowing red as I shut it off. Still worked but looked like hell! The pump failed and Zodi CS sent a new and improved one No Questions Asked!.

For those that are using the tankless heaters, what does your reservoir/pump setup consist of? A hose faucet hookup isn't going to cut it at any comps I'll ever cook?

I havent used mine yet, but I think its just what the hose pressure is putting out. I dont belive that there is any type of pump. I am actually going to attach it to a "portable" outside sink that I have, its a plastic garage utility sink.

Back