THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

indianagriller

is one Smokin' Farker
So this year instead of buying gifts for family I decided to cook for them since I am always get upset when there are no leftovers at family functions. I have 4 butts and a brisket which ends up being about 45lbs of meat on the Jambo today.

For the butts I bought 2 twin cryo packs from Sams that were a little over 15lbs a piece, and seasoned them up with my Sweet and Spicy rub I just picked up from my co-packer.
IMAG0157_zpsfacd775c-1_zps2d432c85.jpg

For the brisket I didnt do any trimming on it, just rubbed down with a tri-level rub finishing with the in development Big Bully Beef rub

IMAG0161_zps37efdb3c.jpg

Kinda blurry on that pic... also not sure how to make them a bit smaller... using photobucket to upload.

After about 4-5 hours, i wasnt really paying attention I went out to foil them and they had some nice color on them.
IMAG0167_zpsf18f9035.jpg

Even got a picture of some pig honey
IMAG0168_zpsaf5ce081.jpg

Got everything foiled up and now im just waiting on them to give up and be tender which should only be 2-3 more hours... in the mean time I have some nice Rib eyes which are going to get a bit of Little Louies Garlic salt with pepper and I am planning on doing a reverse sear with the searing part right in the Jambo's firebox...
IMAG0165_zpsdb6e8c0c.jpg

more to come...

Adding final pics...
IMAG0178_zps02699225.jpg

pulled pork was bagged into 6 individual bags to give as gifts...

Brisket
IMAG0179_zps7abce799.jpg

had killer bark and flavor... may have been a tad overdone for a comp... but it was delicious... bagged into 4 bags for gifts

In the mean time I had done a reverse sear on some ribeyes and finished them off directly on the coals in the firebox... put a nice crust on them.
IMAG0175_zps5510c705.jpg

Back